jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

earning money confused here?

1. rhoda1990 profile image60
    rhoda1990posted 5 years ago

Hi i am a new hubber and i would like to know if it is possible to earn 3-4k a month with hub pages? Maybe in two months from now and how i could do it for free? i am actually a college student part-time and have about 35 hours a week i can put in full time so... from what i understand this is just part-time stuff but i think if i could poor my heart and soul into 2 really good page a day for 35 five day and make 5 dollars a day from each of them is that even possible

that actually adds up to 5250 a month? Thanks

1. I am DB Cooper profile image67
      I am DB Cooperposted 5 years ago in reply to this

$5 a day average from 70 different hubs is going to be quite difficult. I would guess that less than 1% of hubs on here average $5 a day.

1. rhoda1990 profile image60
        rhoda1990posted 5 years ago in reply to this

but i dont get it??!! if i have amazon products and i get a commission couldn't that be right? sorry maybe i dont understand? 35 hours a week is not enough time on my hands... to do that? please help

1. David 470 profile image87
          David 470posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Its not all about how much time you put in. Yes, thats important, but you need to write on topics that people are searching for. Otherwise, you could write 100 hubs and make little money because those topics are not being searched for.

There's a lot to learn, I can not really explain it all at once, but feel free to ask me anything. I will help you the best I can.

2. melpor profile image88
      melporposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Rhoda 1990, you can make money here but it is not an overnight get rich quick site. You have to spend time writing quality hubs and be patient. It going to take time. Remember you are earning money through how often someone click on the ads showing up in the hubs. So each click can be from a cent to as high as few dollars depending on the ads. Don't set your goals too high right now.You are only putting too much pressure on yourself.  My personal goal is to earn somewhere between $100 to $500 monthly in about another year. You got to start slow and your earnings will generally increase over time. Yes, there are writers making pretty good money here. Some are making as much as $1,000 per month based on some of the testimonies I have read, but they been here a while. I, myself will be receiving my first check hopefully next month after 15 months.  Some hubbers have earned their first check faster than me but that depends on a lot of factors. I am probably earning my first check faster than others. Just as one hubber said, read the help section and forums to understand better how it is done.

2. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

Read through other forum threads that discuss realistic earning goals.  What sounds possible is not necessarily so. 

Certainly, if you know what you are doing, have the time to do it, and do it well, you can accomplish far more than someone who knows nothing at the start and then learns as they go along. 

There's a wealth of knowledge here.  Read as much as you can and develop a good game plan.  The Hubber community will provide all kinds of insight and support - but do your homework first.

3. leahlefler profile image98
    leahleflerposted 5 years ago

rhoda1990, while it is possible to earn money on hubpages, it doesn't happen right away. It takes a while to climb the search engine rankings! Even then, a lot of people click through to Amazon, but then don't buy anything (which results in no revenue). Adsense pays by the click, but again, you have to build up search engine ranking to get organic clicks.

I've been here a little under two months and I have about $30 in adsense and about $30 in amazon - this is probably pretty good for a new hubber, but it is nowhere near the $4000 per month you would like to make.

If you need that kind of money right off the bat, you would do better with a regular job (with 35 hours per week to spare). If you are writing to earn an extra income, or to supplement an income, then HP is a great way to go.

If you manage to make $4000 per month right off the bat, though, write a hub and let us all know how to did it!

4. David 470 profile image87
    David 470posted 5 years ago

This might give you an idea. http://hubpages.com/success/

5. David 470 profile image87
    David 470posted 5 years ago

Just make sure you understand what type of income you can make with hubpages. Its "PASSIVE". Basically auto-pilot money that you earn when people click on your ads, and small increments from page impressions.

Hubpages takes time to make money. I would say $4000 a month on here is possible, but I don't believe anyone has reached it, except maybe a seldom few anonymous people.

Most successful writers on here are earning $100-1500 a month. This may not sound like tons of money, but considering its auto-pilot money that is extremely good.

I have made close to 400 dollars with hubpages. The first couple months, I only made a few dollars, but after a few months I started making more. I have a hub about it, if your interested.

6. Mikeydoes profile image78
    Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago

If I were you I would make hubs, either way.

The numbers are possible, however highly unrealistic. It all depends on your niches, keywords and traffic in general.