Starting a blog to support my hubs - advice appreciated.

1. Doc Wordinger profile image95
    Doc Wordingerposted 5 years ago

I'd like to set up a blog this week to support my hubs. Can anyone suggest a good blogging site where I can include dofollow links pointing back to my HubPages articles? At an established blogging site with large traffic volume, would Google crawl my blog automatically or would I have to encourage it in some way? As you can probably tell, I'm relatively new to SEO.   

This will be my debut in the blogging world and I still have some more research to carry out. One thing I'm still unclear of though: is it possible to use your Adsense code with a blog? Do blogging sites allow you to do this?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice.

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

Hi Doc, it all takes time and I suggest searching through the forums for blog related threads. I know if you sign up for Blogger, it's ready for google ads as long as you have an adsense account.

here's a start. I searched sunforged's hubs for 'blog sites', and this came up. I'm sure you'll find some helpful advice with the various links.

good luck and enjoy! there is a lot to learn. smile

1. Doc Wordinger profile image95
      Doc Wordingerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Rebekah! smile

I've already benefited from Sunforged's wisdom but I guess I must have missed this particular Hub. I'll read it now.

Yes, you are right - there is so much to learn. It is mind boggling. Sometimes I don't know where to start. I suppose I just haven't developed a structured plan to my research yet and I'm hopping from one topic to the next without clear focus - a bit like going on Wikipedia to read a specific article then becoming sidetracked by all the hyperlinks and ending up on a topic that has absolutely no relation to the original one.

Thanks again for your response.