jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Changing hub link

1. Paulius profile image79
    Pauliusposted 5 years ago

My name is Paul.. and I'm a hubpageholic.

*awkward silence waiting for a "Hi Paul"*

I got a little but quite annoying problem.
    Hubpages by default assign the hub title as part of the link. At first I thought it's cool.

But when I feel the need to change one of my hub's title the link doesn't change correspondingly. It looks weird and kind of hard to remember when I need to spread the link around.

Is there a way to change the hub link so I can keep it synchronize with the title ?

Thanks in advance

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

Welcome to HubPages!

You can change your hub title as many times as you would like and whenever you like. But once you set the URL, that's it. Finito. The end. Your only recourse is to create a new hub with the URL you want, copy all of your content over and then delete the old one.

1. Mikeydoes profile image81
      Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, this makes me cry. But it really is something that shouldn't be changed. Sadly some of my earlier hubs really do need it!

2. Paulius profile image79
      Pauliusposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah I figured that out too... I missed that notes beside the url filed. And yess I kinda understand why it's a done deal.
      Many thanks for the responds...

3. To Start Again profile image85
    To Start Againposted 5 years ago

you can change that URL to whatever you want while in the very beginning stage of creating your hub. While choosing your title and URL for the first time, you don't have to (and sometimes can't) keep that option they give you. If you think you might change your title later and are starting with a generic title to fill the space, try thinking up a URL that will work even if your title changes down the road. One suggestion is using a similar URL for all your hubs such as
    http:// hubpages.com/hub/paulius_1 and then /paulius_2 and so on...that way changing your title won't affect your URL's