jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Has Anyone Else Had A TIA (Transient Ischemic Attack)???

1. ravko profile image60
    ravkoposted 5 years ago

It's taken me a few days to except the fact that I've had 3 TIA's (Transient Ischemic Attacks) in the past 2 weeks, according to my doctor...He put me on the emergency list to see a Neurologist which is this Thursday Feb 25th at Royal Columbian Hospital, that was fast but I guess my brain is warning me the big one is coming sure hope it doesn't happen before Thursday..

2. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

My mother has had 5 TIAs and it was caused by a hole in her heart. A physical defect, which was sending blood that was not oxygenated to her brain. The insurance won't do the surgery to close the hole, because the Doctor said it isn't necessary, since her blood can be managed by prescribing "Coumadin", which is a blood thinner.

That's my experience with it. I personally have never had one. wink

3. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

I had never heard of a TIA before reading your post.
    Glad to hear you are very, very close to seeing the doctor. I sincerely hope they locate the source of the problem and fix it.
    Wishing you great health, long life, and happy hubbing!

4. ravko profile image60
    ravkoposted 5 years ago

Cagsil I hope your mother is doing okay on the drug, I know it's hard when insurance won't pay for things...Up here in Canada we are lucky when it comes to health care...My doctor is telling me these are warning signs leading up to the big stroke that is unfixable, and that I need to change my lifestyle, which is fine but he has yet to tell me what that is, so hopefully Thursday I'll get the answers I need...It's just freaky knowing that at anytime I could be in big big trouble...