jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

I have finally written my first hub! Anyone want to take a look?

1. Lynn Luther profile image78
    Lynn Lutherposted 5 years ago

Hi, I have taken the plunge and written my first hub. I would appreciate any advice.

2. besthubs profile image81
    besthubsposted 5 years ago

Your fist hub looks good. The content is also interesting. The photo is nice but you may move it to left side, it will helps the present of layout better. You choose the competitive topic, it may hard to get traffic unless you invest sometime to build huge back links to it.
    Anyway, this is good for starting, try to make another one and get traffic to your hubs.
    Good luck.

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

Welcome to HubPages, and nice job on your first hub. You've got a lot of good, well-written information.

You should move that first picture down to at least the second text capsule, and make sure your first text capsule is long enough to accommodate a large, rectangular ad that will show up.

I would take the first list of Amazon products and make it right flush to one of the text capsules.

Also, don't be afraid to use several text capsules with different section titles or headings. It helps to break up the text.

Try to have at least 10 to 15 tags. Make some fairly general (as you have), but also put a few more specialized tags in there.

And then go find some hubs by SunForged or Darkside and see what they have to say about keyword research. smile

4. char4u.com profile image60
    char4u.composted 5 years ago

The lay out is a bit of plain and can't attract enough traffic. I have no hub to publish yet, you did a better job than me!

5. Lynn Luther profile image78

Thanks for the feedback! I made some changes. It some playing around to figure it out, but I am learning.

Thanks again!

6. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

It looks informative and well organized. now put some you tubes tutorials and more pic of before and afters..

7. Mrs. J. B. profile image60
    Mrs. J. B.posted 5 years ago

You Go Girl... I am new too. I have fallen  on my face but got right back up... Keep writing............

8. Lynn Luther profile image78

Thanks, everyone for your advice. I have made some changes to them. I have no idea what is good traffic. I am getting 6-12 hits/views per day on the three. I have written so far one in the past three days. Just curious what kind of numbers I should be looking for.

9. Lynn Luther profile image78

I have made more improvements to my hubs. Any advice on them now?

1. DannyMaio profile image60
      DannyMaioposted 5 years ago in reply to this

good job! looking forward to seeing more.