jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Unique Web Address

1. catgypsy profile image80
    catgypsyposted 6 years ago

I was wondering about the "Give your Hub a unique web address" section in Start a new hub. It fills in with my topic title. What am I suppose to do from there? Do I need to add something?

Thanks,
    Shell

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can accept that if you like, or you can change it.  It's up to you.

The "unique web address" is the URL of your Hub, just like "hubpages.com" is the unique web address of HubPages.

Make sure there aren't any punctuation marks or double hyphens in there - remove them if there are. 

You may like to make the URL shorter and snappier than your topic title - it makes it easier when you want to post a link to it somewhere

2. catgypsy profile image80

Thanks Marisa!

3. catgypsy profile image80

One more stupid question! there is an example underneath that box. Can I use that?

1. To Start Again profile image85
      To Start Againposted 6 years ago in reply to this

not unless you add something to the end after the hub/ part. Every hub here will begin with that same URL, its the part after that last slash that is unique. You can use the title of your hub (if available) that HP fills in for you as Marissa said or you can make your own. If it is highlighted in red, it means the URL is already taken and you need to select another.

4. catgypsy profile image80

Thanks! I'm glad you mentioned the red part. It's these little things that can be confusing...at least for a complete novice like me!

working