jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Duplicate since yesterday?

1. essiheart profile image79
    essiheartposted 6 years ago

My newest hub http://hubpages.com/hub/Top-Five-Tips-f … tter-Life, has been having the "duplicate" warning since I posted it. I had pulled the writing out of my hard-drive (since I forgot about it) and then realized after seeing 'duplicate' that I had it originally posted on another site (that I haven't used for months). So I deleted my post on that website so that the content is only on Hubpages. Is the "duplicate" warning going to go away soon, or do I need to do something else? My score also went from 89 to 87, but I'm not sure if that was from this hub alone.

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It can take a few hours to a week or more for Google to re-crawl a page and remove it from its cache. Until the original article is de-indexed, you will still have the duplicate label.

If you still have it in a few weeks, contact the team and they can remove it manually.

Duplicate content can impact hard on your hub and author score.

1. essiheart profile image79
        essiheartposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Alright, thank you for your reply. Do you suggest I unpublish it for now? Or just leave it be?

1. WryLilt profile image87
          WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'd recommend leaving it be. Author score is not of huge importance - as long as it's over 75 all your outgoing links are dofollow so it's there to stop spammers mainly.

However don't place any outgoing links from the duplicated article.

Read:

http://hubpages.com/faq/#duplicate_content

To check if the article is still indexed you can just type in a sentence from the article into Google and then click on "cache" beside the original article. If the original still appears there, it hasn't been de-indexed yet.

working