Traffic spike!

1. Jule Romans profile image88
    Jule Romansposted 5 years ago

Awesome. I just revised many of my hubs.  Fixed tags, keywords, and titles.

I added referral trackers, thanks to darkside's great instructional hub.

And links as suggested by Marisa Wright here

I really do think it's the trackers and links that are improving my traffic. Two hubs that never got more than 5 views a day, if that, are stretching toward three digits today.

It was hard work, but work I really enjoyed.

Thanks to all of the people who are so generous with their help and support. I hope to be able to return the favor someday.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image95
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That all may well be true, but simply changing a hub makes it fresh content in the eyes of Google, and that in and of itself will give it a bump in traffic. . . .while at the same time, our hubs always keep their publication date, making them more favored "aged content."

Of course I'm only telling you things that I've read in several places, and they seem to be true, as I've went back and modified most of my hubs at one point or another, and probably will continue to do so as well.

I like playing with the titles and title tuner, and I KNOW that that plays a huge part in our traffic.  Even if I totally mis title something, given enough time, it will always present the proper title for the content in the stats "keyword" section.

Hubpages practically gives us every opportunity to create great content, it's all right there for us to go out and make it with, now we've just got to learn the rest of the tricks, and do it.