jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Curious about one of my hub scores

1. snakebaby profile image73
    snakebabyposted 6 years ago

This may not be practically useful since what's counted is the traffic, but I can't help myself being curious.

I have a toy hub that is not very long but surely not short, and was written by my daughter all from her own words, and it has been generating 50 to around 100 daily visits since it was published, yet the score has been quite low (it is 65 as of this moment). I know short, copied, empty hubs don't get good scores, but would like to know (pure curiosity) what keep a hub like this one at low scores?

2. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

It's not just content or traffic that affect a hub score - no one really knows what the mix is. Comments do seem to give them a push though. I've also seen no correlation between the hub score and how much money it makes me. That's probably because of the 60/40 split.

I really try and not think about it too much.

snakebabyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like I should just ignore it too - the simplest solution smile It was a pure curiosity anyway, though seeing a higher number does make me feel better (I'm a human big_smile )

3. Mrs. J. B. profile image61
    Mrs. J. B.posted 6 years ago

Who really knows but the fact your daughter wrote the whole thing by herself is 100 in my eyes

Mrs. J. B. thanks for your kind words big_smile

4. The Power Of One profile image61
    The Power Of Oneposted 6 years ago

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww that's so sweet

Thanks big_smile

5. thewanderer profile image71
    thewandererposted 6 years ago

You should create your daughter a hubpages account so that she can write whatever she wants. And in the near future she will be the best blogger ever in history of mankind big_smile

That is some kind of "praise" and she has to be overwhelmingly flattered. She indeed enjoys writing (not like me, writing only for $$) and is a pretty good writer. In fact, she's been talking about selling her creative crafts or drawing online, creating some kind of website of her own ideas, etc., I hope that will be one way of making living for her in the future. She inherits my hubpages account for sure big_smile

working