jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)

Help working out why I can't publish my hub

1. deborahmaree profile image60
    deborahmareeposted 6 years ago

Hi, I just posted my first hub, I am not sure why it won't pass as you are allowed 2 anchore txt if content is unique and my content is, and I only have use 1 link. Any clues to why this is happening???

This is the reason, lease address the moderator set alert below, and correct the problem if possible.

Overly Promotional: This Hub excessively promotes another site.

This hub has been submitted for publication, and will be published once it has been reviewed by the administrator..Thanks so much for your help

1. recommend1 profile image71
      recommend1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

As your hub is not published we can't see it to help.  I would suggest taking out hte links, making sure the content has enough good general information - along with the site you are promoting - then try to publish it again so we can look at it and the mod can get a chance to reply to you.  Then put links in after you have been advised.

2. Mrs. J. B. profile image60
    Mrs. J. B.posted 6 years ago

I suggest you delete it.. Reread what you wrote. It happened to me too. I was as lost as you. I just took it off hubs

3. deborahmaree profile image60
    deborahmareeposted 6 years ago

Thanks, I will take all links out and perhaps take off Amazon module as well. May be that is the problem.

Are these hubs like squidoo, or a little stricter? Should I make them very basic at first then add more content, Amaon products and links afterwards, after published???????????

Thanks Deb

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Amazon capsules are fine and won't count against you.

Do you have a link plus an RSS feed to a site?

Have you given URL's in photo capsules?  They count.

Both text and link capsules count - do you have both?

Just some thoughts that might help.

deborahmareeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am so confussed I have taken out all links,rss feed and amazon, and there is nothing promotional. What could it be?

1. Cagsil profile image61
          Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Maybe you need to "submit to publication", which gets a moderator to view the hub before it can be published. wink

How do I do that? is that just the normal submitt button above the thread???? thanks

Last time I checked, if a hub had to be submitted before publication, then it will let the hubber know, while in edit mode.

The hub is presently unpublished and in edit mode, you have a publish button. Click on it and the hub should publish.

If you "publish" button doesn't say "submit for publication", then you shouldn't have to submit it and it should just publish.

If you publish and it says that you're still over promotional, then I would contact staff about it, especially if you've taken everything out of it. smile

I hope that helped. smile

I have changed this thread so many times, would it help if I showed it to you to see what I am doing wrong??

Click edit on the hub in question.

Look at the top- the "publish" button, next to done editing. Does that button say "publish" or does it say something else? "submit for publication"?

I realize you said that you submitted for publication. It was flagged as overly promotional- now since you started this thread, you have managed to kill every outbound link in the hub.

Knowing that, then there is absolutely no way that the hub can be overly promotional. So, since you already said you had to "submit for publication", this would mean you would have to do it again. Because you made changes, otherwise the moderators will not know.

Hence, my opening questions. I hope I explained that right. smile

no done all that and re wrote the whole thing no links and they keep saying this

Please address the moderator set alert below, and correct the problem if possible.

Overly Promotional: This Hub excessively promotes another site.

This hub has been submitted for publication, and will be published once it has been reviewed by the administrator.

working