jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

self promotion

1. 0
    wendy87posted 5 years ago

Is it okay to add a picture near comment section of your hub saying please vote up my hub or like that ?(i have seen such hubs here on hubpages )

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, there's no rule against it.

Just bear in mind, as Darkside says, that "voting up" makes very little difference to your HubScore and no difference at all to your income.   So it's not really worth annoying your external readers with something that's too in-your-face.

2. britneydavidson profile image59
      britneydavidsonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

See if people like they will vote, no need to mention, it looks ugly and not a geniuene person.

2. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 5 years ago

You can, but what is the purpose?

Other than for people voting you up.

I'd much prefer for most of my traffic to be coming from outside of HubPages, and to be drawing attention to things like voting may appear to be a bit frivolous or childish to those not 'in' on what it means.

1. 0
      wendy87posted 5 years ago in reply to this

darkside is that only title that bring traffic from other traffic sources like google ?

1. darkside profile image84
        darksideposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Not quite sure you mean with your wording, but if I hazard a guess I'd say that it's not only the title that draws in traffic. That is only one part of it. The content is what Google cares about, and if the title is in context with the title it can only help.

3. Jule Romans profile image88
    Jule Romansposted 5 years ago

Hi Wendy, and welcome to HubPages!

I don't ask for people to vote, but I do put a small text box at the end on some of my hubs suggesting that they share it with their friends. I think, as Darkside said, that it's better to attract readers from outside HP when possible.

As you are here and learn more, you'll naturally gain a community of people on HubPages who read your work and support it. What you really want to do is attract traffic from google and other  reliable outside sources.

Good luck. I hope you have fun writing here.