jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Google Keyword Tool

1. nakmeister profile image85
    nakmeisterposted 6 years ago

Can I ask a quick question. On Google Adwords keyword tool, next to each search term there is a 'competition' bar chart showing whether the competition for that keyword is low, medium, high etc. I've read in various places that this is very important to take note of, and you should go for quite low competition keywords (with high traffic if possible). But is this competition metric not measuring the competition for Google Adwords advertisers, i.e. the higher the competition, the more people are bidding for those keywords, rather than the competition on google for organic searchers for those keywords. How does that help when searching for keywords to write articles on? Sorry if I am being dense!

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
      paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are not.

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
        paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Update.

Philosophy: just forget about it and write what you want.

1. simeonvisser profile image88
          simeonvisserposted 6 years ago in reply to this

To actually answer the OP's question: yes, topics with high advertising competition are better because those keywords are more likely to have relevant ads near your hubs. You'll want low competition from other websites so the market should not be too saturated yet.

2. thisisoli profile image62
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Using Google Adwords Keyword tool you want high consistant competition and searches. 

You want low publisher competition, high advertiser competition.  They are two very different things, and you will need to go beyond Googles external KW tool to find publisher competition.

2. nakmeister profile image85
    nakmeisterposted 6 years ago

What is the best way of finding publisher competition, or is it just a case of putting the keywords into google and seeing what come out?

working