jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

New Hubber!

1. avonhagn profile image61
    avonhagnposted 5 years ago

Hello all!  I just wrote my first hub and was looking for some critique.  Thank you so very much in advance for your help!

2. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

Welcome to HubPages, and nicely done on the first hub! Just a couple of things...

- Move the first picture down. Don't ever put anything (other than an Amazon ad if you want) next to your first text capsule. You want to make that capsule long enough and leave the space empty so that the large, rectangular AdSense ad shows up there. It's prime ad real estate on the page.

- You need more tags. Try to have a minimum of 10 to 15 for the average-length hub. Use some fairly generic tags (as you have), and some more specific ones. You could use "how to grow spider plants," "care of houseplants," etc.

- Learn about keyword research. (See if Sunforged, Marisa Wright, Mark Knowles, Darkside, Thisisoli, Ryan Kett, et.al. have any hubs on them.) I just looked up your keywords and I probably would have titled your hub "House Plants: How to Grow a Spider Plant." Doing a little bit of keyword research can make a difference in how much traffic your hub ultimately gets.

But all in all, great start! smile

3. Sally's Trove profile image99
    Sally's Troveposted 5 years ago

Amanda, I found your Hub interesting, knowledgeable, and well-written, and left a comment for you.

Irohner has great info for you, well outside my expertise. For a first Hub, yours rocks.

4. Randy Godwin profile image94
    Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago

Ditto!  Welcome to HubPages, Amanda!  Watch out for the snakes!