jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (15 posts)

How do you find out how much money a keyword click is worth?

1. Brie Hoffman profile image79
    Brie Hoffmanposted 6 years ago

thanks for any information

1. speedbird profile image65
      speedbirdposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Try using the Google keyword suggestion tool

2. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

Not sure what you're asking, Brie.

Analytics will tell you what clicks from individual hubs pay, but not individual clicks unless they are the only one from that hub.

The keyword tool will tell what keywords are costing advertisers; as we earn 68% of that cost you can tell what it will likely earn.  It is not set in stone, however, as it (I think) is a bidding process.

1. Brie Hoffman profile image79
      Brie Hoffmanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

where does it say that in the keyword tool?

3. Brie Hoffman profile image79

the cost to advertisers I mean

4. Brie Hoffman profile image79

Never mind I think I found it...estimated CPC..right?

5. Brie Hoffman profile image79

Oh...and, what is a good CPC amount?  Is a dollar a good amount?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The way I understand it, the answer is "it depends".

The thing is, every internet entrepreneur is out there looking for high-paying keywords, so the competition is too intense for those.   So some people take a counter-intuitive approach, and go for the lower-paying words where there's less competition.  Less competition means more traffic.  Better to get thousands of clicks at a few cents each, than 2 clicks at a dollar.

1. Andrew0208 profile image61
        Andrew0208posted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's absolutely true Marisa Wright, "better to get thousands of clicks at a few cents each than 2 clicks at a dollar." Most times the hunt for high paying keywords do land most publishers to less web traffic to hubs or owned sites due to high competition on such keywords and probably with low daily/monthly searches.

I see any keyword research tool as an essential guiding tool to writing hubs or articles that get targeted traffic first. Checking to get the CPC on the same is worth it at all times.

6. WoodsmensPost profile image67
    WoodsmensPostposted 6 years ago

Brie have you watched this video it is very helpful

http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/hubcamp-sf-3/

7. Adventure Colorad profile image88
    Adventure Coloradposted 6 years ago

I haven't been using Adsense very long, just a week on hubpages and a little longer on my blog, but I haven't received a single click yet, so I'm still waiting see what they could be worth...

8. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 6 years ago

The CPC is estimated, and average, and if an Adsense Publisher (that's you and I) were to get an ad served that was that exact CPC (the cost per click to the advertiser) then we'd get 67% of that amount.

However, it is as Marisa says: "it depends"

The reason being is that Adwords Advertisers will nominate however amount they want, and the estimated average is worked out from ALL the $$$ that Adwords Advertisers are paying for a campaign based on those keywords that you're researching.

So use it as a guideline.

9. Brie Hoffman profile image79

But, from what I understand you want to find low competition, high CPC, and high search rate...is that right?

1. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

As long as its not both low CPC AND low search volume.

As for the competition, I believe it's the competitive nature of the keyword for advertisers, so I don't think it's something that directly affects the publisher.

Keep in mind too, there are lots of other people targeting the high CPC and high search volumes. So much so that it doesn't come as a surprise that people with content leaning towards those topics often find their articles being copied and published elsewhere.

10. ThomasE profile image80
    ThomasEposted 6 years ago

A lot of google ads are delivered which are not based around the contents of a hub, so much as the specific interests of the particular visitor.

Once you realize that, you also realize that the adword CPC is not hugely useful for predicting the amount of money you can make out of a page.

Because, the keyword you write a page to will often not be the one that Google advertises to your 'guest'.

working