jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

new to hub...please take a look and tell me what you think

1. 0
    Virtual Careersposted 5 years ago

I just published my first hub, if you guys could go easy on me and take a look and tell me what you think, I would appreciate it.  Also any suggestions for a profile picture????  I really don't want to use my own picture....thanks!

1. 61
      AlwaysUnderPayposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Do you know the direct link to the hub?

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
      rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

virtual, I see you're new here. welcome. There is a specific forum thread where you can post a link to your hub for some help and suggestions. You can move this over there by clicking on the 'report' button on your post, and clicking on 'wrong forum category'; when it asks which forum, choose Extreme Hub Makeover.
      Hubbers will find it easier. smile

To post your link, just go to your hub, and copy and paste the URL from your address bar into your post.

2. 0

I guess the obvious answer to that is "No"!  I would find that where?  Thanks!

3. 0

1. vox vocis profile image92
      vox vocisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi, Virtual Careers and welcome to Hubpages!

My suggestions:

1) Read the help section (on the upper-right corner of the page) and check the learning center (scroll down to the bottom of the page).
      2) Read about the experience of other hubbers on Hubpages to understand the community better and learn about SEO, keyword, page rankings, money making on Hubpages, etc. If you type these keywords into the search box in HP, you will find plenty of useful articles explaining these terms and how HP works (I recommend hubs by Susana S, relache, Rebecca E., Edweirdo, etc)
      3) Spend some time reading first and then start writing as much as possible (make sure you write good qualiy content) and participate actively in the community.

Some advice concerning your hub:
      -use more text capsules (insert paragraphs in different text capsules) rather than inserting the whole text into one capsule.
      -include photos related to text (your own or royalty free images from the public domain)
      -adjust the title based on keyword research (use the free google keyword tool - learn more about Long Tail keywords)
      -sign up for the amazon affiliate program and include their capsules in your article

Maybe it seems complicated, but if you have the will to read, learn, write and make money doing it, success will follow!