jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Severe Weather hitting Arkansas

1. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 5 years ago

Spring is coming and so is the Tornado threats. Have a severs storm with 70 mph winds heading this way.  Going to be a long evening.
    Have not seen Donotfear today. She is southwest of here about 100 miles, but she may be in the storm threat also later on.

2. matherese profile image61
    mathereseposted 5 years ago

Oh dear! is it the end of the world? too many disasters hapening these days.

3. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 5 years ago

It is February in Arkansas. We have had record amounts of snow for this State and now Tornadoes. There seems to be something about February 24th. This is the 4th time in the 2000 that there has been dangerous tornadoes on this date.
    Everything has moved to the Eastern part of the State now. High winds were very common with these storms today. I missed out on the brunt, but some north of me were not that lucky with wind damage.

1. lrohner profile image86
      lrohnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ha! My Dad passed away 21 years ago. But his birthday is February 24th, so I'm pretty sure all of the ruckus is just him kicking up his heels and celebrating. smile

Michael Willisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh my. There also earthquakes (3.0-4.0) that are occurring daily in north central Arkansas that have been for months. He must really be kicking it good then!  smile

4. matherese profile image61
    mathereseposted 5 years ago

Do you mean you people are use to this sort of weather in february?

Michael Willisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I guess we have become used to it. It is not uncommon. It can be 30 degrees one day and 70 the next.
      Tornadoes are all year long a threat here. Some of the worst tornadoes in State history have come the winter months. Our typical tornado season is March through June.

5. MPG Narratives profile image58
    MPG Narrativesposted 5 years ago

After a horrific summer season of storms, floods, cyclones and earthquakes, the pacific region feels for you. Take care and be sure to stay safe.

working