jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Easy ways to improve Google traffic - advice please!!

1. chirls profile image93
    chirlsposted 5 years ago

I know there have been a million books written about SEO, but what I'm looking for are some easy tricks to get my search engine traffic on existing hubs to increase with minimal effort.

I'm not really here to make money, I just feel that I have some useful and interesting hubs, and I would like more people to read them!

I'm already using SheToldMe, Twitter and Facebook, and I'm already thinking about picking better topics and the right keywords. What else should I try?

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

I personally don't backlink - takes too much time I could be putting into more writing. Keywords and topics are important, as well as picking titles that match what people are typing into search engines. "My Fave Recipes" won't get half as many hits as "Best Rice & Pasta Recipes."

Check out my hub on my profile page if you want some more in depth info.

3. leahlefler profile image98
    leahleflerposted 5 years ago

I was looking at your soup hub, and perhaps you could take the carrot soup recipe and create a hub based off the specific recipe. It might have less competition in the search engines, and someone specifically looking for a carrot soup will be more likely to find your hub.

Some niches are really competitive and it is hard to get organic traffic for those!

4. dablufox profile image60
    dablufoxposted 5 years ago

Everyone has the own way of doing things but I have found that really in depth keyword and competition research has worked pretty well for me.

I do feel that if you have really good content it will rank on search 'some day' but backlinking just brings that day sooner.

I have a hub on micro niche marketing and a few cool videos providing an example of competition research with Market Samurai that I'm only too happy for you to steal some ideas from.

As far as easy tricks I'm not aware of any although I have got many of my hubs ranking on first page of Google within 2-3 weeks.

That said there was an algorithm change just yesterday which has knocked most peoples hub rankings down and lots of people are panicking and scrambling for the exits.

But this always happens when they change the algorithm.

5. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 5 years ago

build more backlinks

1. Mikeydoes profile image80
      Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Says the pro! I don't even know how to(quickly and effectively), and I really didn't need it, I was getting my keywords at the top or near. But right now with these Google search changes, I think your legitimate method might be key.

We'll see.

6. chirls profile image93
    chirlsposted 5 years ago

Thanks to everyone for the great suggestions. I should have known there was no easy way to increase search engine traffic! I will definitely read up on all of the hubs mentioned and try to get all of the knowledge I can. I guess I'll just keep plugging away and hope that it starts to pay off a bit more some day!