jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

New User Agreement Changes

1. 0
    BenjaminBposted 5 years ago

Can anyone make heads or tails of the legal mumbo jumbo for new user agreement? They talk about Hubpages Ad program and then the impression programs as if they are separate entities,but in actuality they are the same thing at least the way I understand it. After all if you are choosing to take part in Google Adsense or any other program available you are automatically agreeing to the 60/40% split.

Then they talk about picking a level of ad placement,low or high or whatever. Is this something that we will be seeing as a new choice during hub creation,will we have to go back and make a choice for all of our existing hubs and if so what do they define as the levels?Do the current ads being placed already from Google,Amazon,Ebay ad Kontera count towards these levels or are they simply referring to outgoing links that we place ourselves?

Why can't someone from Hubpages do a simple write up explaining it in laymans terms for how it will actually affect us and any changes we nee to make to existing hubs if any at all?

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/68576

There is already a thread about it.

As to the "Ad level set to high" part, that isn't new - it's been that way for awhile and you can change it while editing your hub.

The basics of the new information: On TOP of what you earn from affiliates, other adverts will also be shown (from affiliates that don't take on small people like us, but will take on Hubpages as a whole.) We'll get a payment directly from Hubpages to our Paypal account for any of these adverts shown on our hubs. Minimum cashout is $50/month.

1. 0
        BenjaminBposted 5 years ago in reply to this

So do we have to sign up for this somewhere. Do you know where because obviously we would need to input our paypal info.

1. WryLilt profile image88
          WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you read the new user agreement, you'll see it doesn't come into effect till the third of March. We can input our tax information, but that page is not active yet.

I'm sure we'll find out more in due time.

1. 0

Yep just wondered if they were already taking sign ups on a page that might not be visible yet.Thanks smile

2. darkside profile image81
    darksideposted 5 years ago

Once you see the new HP Ads program what you've read in the ToS update will make sense.

1. 0

That's what I've gathered darkside. Without the end product being visible I was kind of lost. Need more Mountain Dew,lol. Thanks!

working