jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

AdSense question!!

1. Shil1978 profile image87
    Shil1978posted 5 years ago

I've noticed that sometimes my AdSense Reports show like 3 clicks from 1 page impression. It seems to happen more often on hubs of users I've referred, so is this possible?

I've had this occur on 2 hubs by my referrals today. Both show 3 clicks with just 1 page impression. Would appreciate if someone can weigh in on this and help me figure this out!!

2. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 5 years ago

On any given page there can be a few ad blocks and in those there can sometimes be more than one ad.

3. Shil1978 profile image87

Thanks, darkside, for replying to my question so promptly. Basically, I was just worried about this - wondering if it was the result of invalid clicks, etc. Should I not be worried about this then? Just normal, is it?

1. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think there are times when Google have strong reason to suspect a click is invalid, so they'll just not pay it. Then there would be times that flags would be raised because of various factors and that's when people can see their accounts banned. But in those cases, while Google doesn't reveal how they know, I'm sure they can draw a line between the illegal click activity and the perpetrator if they happen to be both the clicker and the owner of the Adsense Publisher ID.

So if you're not doing the wrong thing, don't be too concerned.

4. Shil1978 profile image87

Thanks, darkside. In the past, I've brought this kind of click/impression ratio to the attention of AdSense support. I wouldn't want to unnecessarily mail them though, hence thought I'd seek an opinion from other users, if this is something to get concerned about.

5. Richieb799 profile image63
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

perhaps they hit the back button? I don't know if this gets recorded as one impression or not

working