jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

confused about the consequences of clicking your own hubs

1. TaxNerd profile image84
    TaxNerdposted 6 years ago

Hi, so I realize this is a newbie question so I beg your indulgence.

I'm a little confused about the consequences of clicking on your own hubs. I do this only to make editorial changes or tweak the keywords. As long as I don't click through on the actual ads themselves, that's not a violation of Adsense terms, right? Or is there a different way to edit?

Also, if I do go back and revise, does my own view turn up in the stats? I.e., if I post a new hub, spot a typo immediately, go back and fix it and later show 10 hits, was my own one of the 10? Or are the hits unique users?

1. wormdo profile image59
      wormdoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So far as Adsense goes, you will only be penalized if you click on your own ads, yes.

2. Pauladance.co.uk profile image61
      Pauladance.co.ukposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I ASKED ABOUT THIS AND WAS TOLD THAT YOUR OWN 'CLICK' COUNTS LIKE ANY OTHER, AND NOTHING CAN BE DONE ABOUT THIS.  IT CAN BE VERY DECEPTIVE, SO YOU HAVE TO MAKE A NOTE OF WHAT YOU HAVE CLICKED ON, AND WORK OUT A LOWER THE SCORE ACCORDINGLY - I THINK!

2. recommend1 profile image72
    recommend1posted 6 years ago

ou can click your own hubs as many itmes as you like - just don't click the ads, even if you want to buy what you are advertising.

3. leahlefler profile image98
    leahleflerposted 6 years ago

Clicking on your own hub is fine, just don't click on the adsense ads! Google actually likes it when hubs are occasionally edited and updated. As long as you stay away from the ads, you should be fine.

I'm not quite sure about the # of clicks showing on the stats page. I have an unpublished hub (still working on it) and it shows "1 pageview," so my  view when writing the hub must have been counted.

4. profile image0
    Virtual Careersposted 6 years ago

Being new myself, I have the same fear.  I live by "don't click on the ads".  Outside of that I think everything I am doing is fine!

5. mdlawyer profile image59
    mdlawyerposted 6 years ago

You can click your hubs and can edit them any number of times. But don't click on any of the google ads.  If you click on a few ads, your adSense account will be banned.  Your own views while editing may be counted.

working