jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

What is HubPages Response to Google's New Update 2011?

1. 0
    WildIrisposted 5 years ago

I want to know how HubPages is going to respond to Google's new update 2011. Will HubPages change its policies? If one HubHops at all, one will find a fair number of copied content articles, spam laden content, and over-all poor quality Hubs which in turn reflects poorly on HubPages as a whole. Does HubPages have a plan to address these issues?

1. TaxNerd profile image84
      TaxNerdposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think that's the million dollar question (or the penny day question to this newbie).... all this is very confusing to me, as i just signed up this week. I do hope it gets straightened out. I enjoy writing, but it would be nice to have a wider audience.

2. David 470 profile image86
      David 470posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would imagine hubpages would change its policy, perhaps similar to infobarrels?

However, isn't the hub hopping supposed to get rid of bad content that may be to short, bad grammar, copied, or spam? I rarely see a good hub on hub hopping, but I see VERY good hubs when I actually search the site generally.

3. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Back up a minute.

We do NOT know what factors have caused the traffic decline.

I would love to see HP "cleaned up",  but HP isn't going to change anything that they do not see as necessary to restore and improve traffic and earnings.

The phrase "don't throw the baby out with the bath water" comes to mind here.

2. VCLUB profile image62
    VCLUBposted 5 years ago

I love this artice. It's definitely the right move.
    HubPages' New Revenue Model 2011
    They should have done this a long time ago. I never liked Adsense to begin with.
    I am bummed out that I did not get invited. Looks like they are only inviting the top/ most popular Hubbers who have been here a long time.
    I cannot wait until this is available to everyone. Currently it's in testing phase, but they plan to launch it publicly in June of this summer.
    Earning for writers will definitely increase.