jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Followers

1. Sinea Pies profile image86
    Sinea Piesposted 6 years ago

Please accept this question in the spirit with which I write it.  What is the advantage to having a lot of followers?  I love following and commenting.  I love having followers.  But it occurs to me that income-wise, followers don't bring money and commenting doesn't bring or give money to another writer. 

Help me appreciate the benefit?

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

A follower is someone who has decided to follow your writing, for whatever reasons they deem. However, the myth that followers have no effect on earnings? Followers can have many effects on hubs.

(a) leaving comments gives refreshed opportunity for web crawlers.
      (b) followers tend to mark off things, such as voting and other ratings- this directly is seen by you readers. just like the FB like button, a lot of likes draws in readers.
      (c) earnings are related to hubs, quality of content and how interconnected the hub is to others. many other factors are to be added, but as to followers, a lot of followers can help more than possibly recognized.

A loyal reader base that provides new content to your hub, hub after hub, allowing your hub's content to be enriched through dialogue is a valuable asset to have. Yes, you do want your traffic to come from Google more than Hubpages, but don't dismiss the quality or value that derives from followers.

1. Sinea Pies profile image86
        Sinea Piesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's what I wanted to hear!  Thanks for affirming the value of commenting and following.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

I sincerely think you have answered your own question to perfection. Of course, if you acquire loyal followers, you will have a valuable source of friendship and inspiration.

1. profile image60
      sorusiz chakmaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

hi,
      i am gratefully agree with you that a say friendship always stay forever

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh yes, and welcome! A good follower is worth more than 100 shallow followers. So they are worthwhile working for.

1. profile image60
          sorusiz chakmaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

i want to try make friendship always any one and all time.because i think a real friendship make a wonderful world

working