jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Publish Now Button/Spellcheck

1. William F. Torpey profile image82
    William F. Torpeyposted 8 years ago

I realize it was my fault, but once again I accidentally hit the "Publish Now" button instead of the "Save Unpublished" button. The first time, HubPages was kind enough to help me resolve the issue. This time I hurriedly edited the hub to add photos, links, etc.  All is well now, but the truth is that I did not want to publish this hub at this time. But that's OK.

The purpose of this memo is to suggest that -- for those of us who have fast fingers that sometimes hit the wrong button -- perhaps HubPages would consider moving the "Publish Now" button farther away from the "Save Unpublished" button to prevent such accidental publishing of hubs.

Not to be a pest, but I have found the spellcheck to be unusable. On two hubs I typed quickly today there were several typographical errors that were not picked up by the spellchecker (in every case they were nonwords that should have been highlighted but were'nt.) Can anything be done to correct the problem?

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

You can solve the "Publish Now" problem yourself. Open the Hub, click "Edit", then "Unpublish Now".  That will take it off the air again.

Don't know about the spellchecker - I don't rely on it.

1. Isabella Snow profile image88
      Isabella Snowposted 8 years ago in reply to this

By then his fans will already have gotten an email saying it's been published.

Re spellchecker: It would be nice if it were more than just a tiny red line under the word? Some kind of actual highlighting might make it more user friendly.

3. William F. Torpey profile image82
    William F. Torpeyposted 8 years ago

Marisa, I tried that the first time I hit the button accidentally, but when you eventually publish the hub it does not show up as a new hub on the "Latest Hub" listing. Therefore, it doesn't get seen by those looking for new hubs. (But HubPages took care of that for me. Thanks, again, HubPages.)

Your right, Isabella, tahe emails go out immediately. I agree, the red lines are usually not even lines, but little dots -- and, as I said, do not pick up outright typos. I hope HubPages can put these two items on the list of things to think about -- and maybe improve.