jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (15 posts)

Four interesting facts about HubPages

1. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 5 years ago

Ryan Kett posted a link on another thread, but I thought I'd highlight a few points in a thread all its own.

Here's four interesting facts about HubPages:

- We have the largest collection of poets online.

- We have plans to host our own video platform because it will give us more control over advertising.

- We find that content reaches an earnings peak only after 30 months.

- We are a lean organization with 25 people, we plan to add engineers and moderators this year.

Source: http://www.siliconvalleywatcher.com/mt/ … a_diff.php

1. speedbird profile image64
      speedbirdposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Interesting facts indeed. smile

2. David 470 profile image86
      David 470posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Video plat platform. You mean we may be able to make our own videos and have them on here?!

3. Chapter profile image61
      Chapterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

great fact, I want to apply hubpages moderator. How to apply it?

4. worldblackstar profile image60
      worldblackstarposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Nice to hear it. congrats. remove the score system please

2. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Cool! cool

3. CMHypno profile image90
    CMHypnoposted 5 years ago

I think that it is also important for us to remember that HubPages has been very good to us all and given us a great platform to publish and make money.  While I respect that people need to protect their incomes, I think that a little loyalty wouldn't go amiss and that if needed we should all work to implement any changes that might be required.

4. RedElf profile image84
    RedElfposted 5 years ago

Good point - most positive I've read so far.

Speaking as one of the poets, I am grateful for the platform HubPages has provided. I would hate to see my favorite site go under, but do not relish some  of the draconian measures offered in other threads.

I have added other text, and RSS feeds, etc., to the poetry hubs to make them more viable as far as word count and fresh content is concerned.

I do believe there is room here for photo hubs, too, though there are way too many "pictures of famous/cute young actress" hubs for my taste.

I agree we should have no copied content and that truly low-quality hubs should be required to be rewritten, - and a twenty word blog post is not a hub!

5. GmaGoldie profile image87
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

What a great article!  I have been waiting for the hosted video - that will be platinum!

Hurray to the HP team!!!

Any target dates for video?

Should I hold off posting video to YouTube?

Will HP have a Slideshare too!  Yes, I always am asking for more!  Video and Slideshare are great fitness instruction tools.  I like Slideshare because I can provide free downloads for instruction.

6. katiem2 profile image61
    katiem2posted 5 years ago

Thanks for the stats darkside smile Rock on!  cool

7. Rosie2010 profile image83
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

Thanks, darkside.  Great article!  Three cheers for Hubpages and the awesome HP team!  Hip Hip Hooray!!!

8. sofs profile image85
    sofsposted 5 years ago

That was a great read..thanks for the link and the information.

9. Pamela99 profile image86
    Pamela99posted 5 years ago

Thanks so much for all you do Hubpages!!!  Thanks for the information darkside.

10. Mikeydoes profile image80
    Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago

omg when is the video advertizing taking effect?

11. BlissfulWriter profile image85
    BlissfulWriterposted 5 years ago

Thanks for the link to the article.  I didn't know that Hubpages was "The second largest privately held web site next to the Huffington Post"