jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Second Amazon Return (ouch)

1. andyoz profile image84
    andyozposted 5 years ago

Well after yesterday getting the rather gutting news of my first Amazon return, today I got the second!  From the same transaction, so the buyer returned both the goods.  My two biggest sales by a distance as well.  So with the return of those two items, it has wiped out 80% of the money I've made on Amazon!  Ouch!!

1. Bill Manning profile image70
      Bill Manningposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sorry to hear that. I had a bunch of returns right after Christmas, so I feel your pain. hmm

2. fundguru profile image61
    fundguruposted 5 years ago

Unfortunately this is the usual risk that you have to deal with. If you promote any product or service as an affiliate, then churnrates of 80% are pretty usual.

3. Mikeydoes profile image78
    Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago

Dang, sorry for that.

Kick a man while hes down ay? Hubpages gets nerfed and then you lose money, I got my fingers crossed!

4. Rosie2010 profile image82
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

Sorry to hear this, Andy.  I know how you feel as I had a couple of returns too and it took a big chunk out of my Amazon earnings.  BUT keep your hopes up.. one of my returns bought another one of a different brand!  So that could happen to you too.

1. andyoz profile image84
      andyozposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well I did actually make 4 sales yesterday, all from the same buyer.  Admittedly they didn't spend any where near as much as what the two returns cost, but it was nice to sell something and it cheered me up.