jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Fresh new question about Googlepocalypse

1. wyanjen profile image89
    wyanjenposted 6 years ago

How are our backlinks affected by all this?

Is there any value in using sites like Ezine for backlinking now? I had stopped using that because the articles I was posting there were getting butchered. But in reality I'm only looking for the link, so I was just about to start up with them again.

And what about Xomba, Snipsly, SheToldMe, etc...

1. sunforged profile image73
      sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

no one knows yet  - rumors are that ezines was decimated

1. wyanjen profile image89
        wyanjenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'll bet...

So many link whores over there, their logo should have red lights and fish nets...

2. TerryGl profile image60
    TerryGlposted 6 years ago

According to Matt Cutts blog the change is about derivative content and too many Adsense ads per page.

These two issues were at the heart of recent changes in Google’s ranking algorithm.

So you can clearly see the message on the wall right there.

3. Len Cannon profile image88
    Len Cannonposted 6 years ago

Didn't HubPages just negotiate a deal with Google to get an extra adsense block on each page? Were too many ads a problem then?  Obviously that is not Google's main concern (an infinite number of substandard webpages crowding out real content is the real issue), but if HubPages was held in such regard 9 months ago, it is odd for it to be thrown under the bus now.

4. sunforged profile image73
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

I would have to read the blog - but hubpages is a premium publishers with dedicated customer service and such - they would be immune from that particular issue

5. profile image0
    W. A. Leonposted 6 years ago

Didn't see anything about Adsense here:
    http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/ … es-in.html

working