jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

How to use Kontera

1. Tania Cowling profile image59
    Tania Cowlingposted 6 years ago

I've signed up for Kontera. Do I need to post their HTML code into my article? And where do I do this? Thanks!

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

No, you do not and cannot paste HTML. You need to enter the affiliate ID, then wait about 24 hours after activation for the ads to begin to appear. You cannot see your own Kontera ads while logged in to HubPages.

http://hubpages.com/my/earnings/affiliate

Tania Cowlingposted 6 years ago in reply to this

OK, I did that. I was thinking I would see the highlighted words. You answered my question. Thanks!

1. cohenj88 profile image61
        cohenj88posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Tania,

This is Jonathan from Kontera. It doesn't look like you've been able to successfully implement yet. What you need to do is place your Kontera publishers number which is "173043" on this page of your HubPages account: https://hubpages.com/my/earnings/affiliate/kontera

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

- Jonathan Cohen
        Kontera Community Manager

Hi Jonathan,

I thought I did that but maybe it didn't save. I went ahead and placed the number in the designated spot and hit save. I'm assuming it takes a while before I would see highlighted tags?

Thanks for your help,
          Tania

1. cohenj88 profile image61
            cohenj88posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Tania,

It can take up to 24 hours for the ads to display but the problem is I can't find Kontera in your HTML meaning it's not there.

Can you try again? If it doesn't work a second time we can contact Kontera Support.

- Jonathan

Johathan,

I clicked your link again and re-entered the number. My earnings page says active for Kontera and shows the number. Sure wish this gets fixed.
              Thanks for your help.
              Tania

3. Tania Cowling profile image59
    Tania Cowlingposted 6 years ago

I'm a little disappointed that Kontera has not solved my problem and I have followed their instructions to get affiliated. Their links are still not on my article. In general, I hesitate on writing any more pieces for Hubpages as I don't feel this will bring in revenue for me. Am I wrong?

4. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

In all fairness, it doesn't make any difference. Unless you have very substantial traffic, chances are that Kontera would only yield pennies a month.

5. Eaglekiwi profile image76
    Eaglekiwiposted 6 years ago

I tried to activate Konterra 2yrs ago ,but I forget now why I couldnt.( I dont think they wanted me,but it hurts to say that)

To be quite honest Im quite bamboozled by the amount of technical knowledge required to make a few pennies writing anymore lol

By the time Ive spent 30 mins copy n pasting html or pub id,adding this url or not,I roll my eyes upward ,and think  instead, of running through fields of fresh lavendar smile

working