jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How long does it take for hub to emerge in google?

1. That's the way profile image77
    That's the wayposted 5 years ago

I wrote a hub and I gave my best for keyword optimization. The thing is that my hub is on the third page of google after publication. Is it good or bad? Should I just wait until it comes on the first page? If so, how long does it take to see some progress in my hubs position on google? Thanks

2. MyWebs profile image84
    MyWebsposted 5 years ago

Google will initially rank a new web page higher than what it deserves on it's own merits, for about 2-4 weeks I'm guessing, to get a feel for how it will perform. I'd call this a Google honeymoon period. After the honeymoon ends the content is ranked by the same standards as your competitors.

While page three isn't bad for something new if it's a somewhat competitive keywords it might as well be page 100 as far as traffic is concerned. If your not on page one it don't mean jack in my opinion most of the time.

I'd suggest doing some back linking to try and get to page one and hopefully stay there. While it's new it's much easier to get on page one.

If it gets the clicks and users interact well with it this would help it to move up the SERP's now and once Google stops giving it the new bonus points.

If the hub didn't initially make it to page one it probably won't get there without you working on it more unless you happen to get lucky.

Not trying to be negative but in the short term, after honeymoon ends, without some incoming links the only thing your going to see happen is the page will most likely drop down. With age it may climb back up. Realize what I'm saying here is in general and not specifically about your hub.

1. Rosie2010 profile image83
      Rosie2010posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much.. this helps me too.

3. That's the way profile image77
    That's the wayposted 5 years ago

Thank you very much! You saved me weeks of thinking and researching! Experience based knowledge means a lot to a newbie like me. Now, I will try to make some "page one hub" and not to wait until "my 3rd page hub" comes on the 1st! smile