are hubs about restaurants pointless?

1. TaxNerd profile image86
    TaxNerdposted 5 years ago

I just published a new hub about a local's perspective of where to eat in Alexandria, Virginia, which is a popular vacation destination.

I probably should have done my homework first with the SEO. Am I wrong or is Google and other search engines structured so that the web sites for actual RESTAURANTS pop up when you search for eateries in particular areas?

My hub is basically a meta report on a particularly vibrant section of town that most tourists don't visit. I put the restaurants in the keynames, also other meta tags I thought might help in the rankings, but I can't find it anywhere! Wondering if it was a waste of time as the Google search just tends to produce a directory of restaurants themselves. Does anyone have a suggestion?

This wasn't restaurant reviews per se (which are a dime a dozen).

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

I don't think it be pointless.

However, having reviewed the hub you mentioned, I would say you should post the link to the hub in the Extreme Hub Makeover forum thread and get some critiquing for your Hub.

That would address some of the issues in the format/layout of your hub. I'm not exactly sure your reasons for being on Hubpages. From the layout of that particular hub I am more inclined to think you're here to create earnings.

The community can always give you the help you need. Unless, you have a specific problem that Staff would be required to handle. But, as far as Hub creation, the community can usually handle it.

The above link is for the Extreme Hub Makeover Forum thread.

3. kschang profile image91
    kschangposted 5 years ago

There's nothing wrong with reviews or a roundup, but there are a few things to keep in mind:

1) Google is tweaking search algorithms trying to weed out "content farms" and the tidal wave is hitting Hubpages as well. It'll be a while before people figure out how the "game" is played (i.e. SEO)

2) Your roundup is mainly only of interest to local visitors. Unless they specifically search for restaurants, eats, or such for Washington D.C. it may not be very relevant. This is one of those topics that may be too niche, but that's IMHO.

3) I agree you need a bit of a makeover.