jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Not quite sure what is the correct way to use HubPages?

1. essiheart profile image77
    essiheartposted 5 years ago

Meaning, I am seeing a lot of pages that are very helpful and informational and are being made so that they show up in a search engine in response to a question someone has.
    But I also see some stories and poetry (which I am also interested in)...and my question is,

Is the main purpose of HubPages to write informational hubs to help people? Or can one partake in the fact that there are a good amount of talented hubbers on this site and actually submit stories or poetry? Is this appreciated more than the informational hubs? Or does the actual content (topic) not matter, and instead the quality (ex. no spelling/grammar mistakes, emotive, etc) of the material is what decides a good HubPages publication?

Still new, bear with me please smile

1. recommend1 profile image72
      recommend1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Everything is welcome here as far as I am aware - as long as it falls into one of the categories that you have listed.  There is loads of just promotional advertising stuff, helpful stuff and some writers here with good poetry and stories etc.

Quality has become an issue in the last few dasys - so just write quality stuff and join in. I am on here with this name to promote my affiliate writers site but I am also alternate poet and on that name I write poetry. smile

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

Different people use HubPages for many varied reasons and in lots of different ways.  It's going to change depending on what your interests and goals are.

3. essiheart profile image77
    essiheartposted 5 years ago

That's true. I am just wondering if I should buckle down and try to write hubs on a specific topic in general (i.e all Arts, or Electronics) or just keep doing what I am doing, which is write hubs on topics all over the place..

1. Just Ask Susan profile image85
      Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

In my opinion it is better to write about various topics and ones that you feel passionate about. This way you will attract more readers rather than readers that are only interested in arts and or electronics.