jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

A sleeping pill...

1. accofranco profile image77
    accofrancoposted 5 years ago

somebody must be on the forefront of any google search result for a particular topic, so to save their business, they need the following at the forefront:
    1. quality and original content
    2. quantity of texts or whatever while maintaining the above rule 1.
    3. niches with google policy abiding contents
    4. niches or content with quality links relevant to the visitors or searchers...
    5. dynamic niches with periodic updates...

all these and more, i believe are all embedded in  hubpages, so? if your hubs meet the above criterias, why should you border yourself? it is only when your products (hubs) are sub-stand, that you need to panic. meanwhile, this thread is meant to serve as a sleeping pill and a pain relief  for those awesome hubbers out there who are fidgeting already with google algorithm touches, and to those that may be infected by this ongoing google search epidemic...

what you guys should know is this: an article, a site, blog or whatever content must occupy the first page of any google search result, so who will own that or those contents? of course somebody...and who is that somebody?...just a sleeping pill. Happy sunday to you all!

1. Andrew0208 profile image61
      Andrew0208posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sleep is on the way, imagine that I have not slept well since 72hrs ago this started; closely following it from most reliable sources. Good head way. This search results improvement by Google affected the whole world and it is for good. HubPages community is 100% up to the task. I can now have a good sleep to make up the lost sleep. Hahaha...HaPPy New WeeK!

2. accofranco profile image77
    accofrancoposted 5 years ago

You know Andrew, some people are always afraid of change, the winds of change scare them to the very last...but some of us made much case out of this generalized issue, as for me, i do not see any reason for any reputable hubbers that published reputable hubs to panic...according to you Andrew, we can sleep at last...and let HP Team get some breath of relief too, at least they have done their best so far, including a recent blog post by Paul Edmundson on the changes in google algo...have you read it?.happy new week to you too...

1. Andrew0208 profile image61
      Andrew0208posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I've read it as it also brought relief to many hubbers who were already panicking for the unknown with Google's changes. It was also a good fight to finish against seemingly hateful hijacker(s) invasion; using multiple ids to instill fear, discouragements, blind criticisms and discord in the community. Wonders shall never end they say!

Glad we got through. Just woke up from a few hours sleep. It will only get better.

3. ThomasE profile image80
    ThomasEposted 5 years ago

Hubpages makes its money from traffic. According to quantcast, it's traffic in the US has dropped 50% as of yesterday. We will see what it is like in a weeks time.

It hasn't been rolled out past America yet.

If this is a permanent thing, not a glitch, it may not matter whether or not your personal hubs are doing brilliantly... Hubpages.com is a business, and if the investors decide it is not viable it will go to /dev/null.

That us why people are worried.

Some people are reporting their traffic is increasing... I hope they are right for hubpages as a whole.

4. simeonvisser profile image88
    simeonvisserposted 5 years ago

Well, it depends. If your hubs are okay then it does not mean hubpages.com is the best domain to have your articles. Your articles could be 'guilty by association': your hubs might be great but they are hosted on a possible 'content farm' which is what Google does not like.

In real life, they sometimes say that you are judged by the company that you keep. The same might apply here. Your hubs might have decreased in value if they are hosted on the same site as many crappy hubs.