jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Audio Capsules

1. hot dorkage profile image78
    hot dorkageposted 8 years ago

I would like to see just audio capsules in addition to video.  I can think of a lot of hubs I could write that would be better with audio.  Naturally it would be at the visitors control, though, non of this stuff that blasts the snot out of them as soon as they load them page.

2. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 8 years ago

Is there a third-party provider that can do it? Like Youtube does with videos?

Otherwise I can't imagine HubPages HQ adding something that will burn through more bandwidth.

As you've rightly pointed out, it would need to be initiated by the visitor, not auto-loading.

3. Paraglider profile image89
    Paragliderposted 8 years ago

Occasionally I've placed a link from a hubpage to a wav or mp3 file on my own website. Of course it's not embedded. The reader can either download it or just play it in media player. Not ideal, but at least they get to hear the music.

4. ProCW profile image84
    ProCWposted 8 years ago

You could always put the audio into a video... just use a static image or rotate images as the "video" part. smile

ProCW

1. Paraglider profile image89
      Paragliderposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Yes, you could, just like you can listen to radio on a tv, but it's using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

5. hot dorkage profile image78
    hot dorkageposted 8 years ago

The audio player that I use will load and serve the audio from a third party site.  All hubpages would have to do would be add an interface and a wrapper for it.

working