jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Keep Hub Hopping at the Top: How Often Do You Hop?

1. Jule Romans profile image88
    Jule Romansposted 5 years ago

I like all the threads about hub hopping. Some of them are getting long. I thought maybe I could create just a few threads with different titles.  As we have things to share about each of the aspects of hub hopping, the topic will rise to the top...

I hub-hop for about 10-15 minutes at least once a week. I agree with the others who said they would do so daily. I am going to hop daily, or every time I get on HubPages. Sometimes I don't get on every day.

2. Mark Ewbie profile image83
    Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago

I hop at least a little daily.  It depresses and bores me.

One thing I would like to know is what my hit rate is.  How many times do HP agree or disagree with my hop flagging?  Otherwise I might not be flagging what I should and so on.

3. Lisa HW profile image84
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

I can only Hop in very limited doses.  As it is, I have a bunch of articles on another site (that I don't do much of anything on at this point) that requires people to (let's call it) "vote" on individual contributions ("articles"  ????, if you know what I mean); in order to get the x number of dollars a month "articles" have earned.

Anyone who has been dealing with "voting" on Internet "articles" for more than a couple of years is likely to reach the point where he thinks, "OMG.  If I have to read one more of these things I'm going to kill myself!"  Honestly.  I've reached a saturation point, where I just can't stand yet one more of those things.  I'm really, really, close to just abandoning my "responsibility" on that other site and letting them keep my x number of dollars a month!!

I make myself Hop when I can.  I always vote after reading a Hub.  I often browse whatever Hubs show up wherever Hubs show up, and then vote or flag.  Bad Hubs don't take a lot of reading to detect, so I'll spend a few minutes at any one sitting of Hub Hopping.  There's no way I could spend a whole fifteen minutes at a time on it. 

The other flagging and voting I do, combined with limited Hopping, probably adds up over the course of a week.  Actually, Hopping is far less torture than "voting" on that other site; but I came here after being on the other site, so I came with the baggage of someone who is already "damaged writing-site goods".   lol

4. christiansister profile image60
    christiansisterposted 5 years ago

Not nearly as often as I should and I will try to do much better.

5. gypsumgirl profile image93
    gypsumgirlposted 5 years ago

I often try to hub hop when I am on, but like many have shared in the forum, there are so many poorly written hubs that it gets old really fast.  Most of the time, I end up reporting 60% - 70% of what I see in each sitting.  Usually the crime is substandard hub...either just one short paragraph and a ton of pictures, or text written with such poor grammar and spelling it's incomprehensible.

I will continue my mission, although it does start to wear on me after a while...I definitely cannot do it for long periods of time.