jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Any thoughts on this article about the Google algorithm?

1. Sunnyglitter profile image84
    Sunnyglitterposted 5 years ago

I don't complete understand the charts and figures:

http://searchengineland.com/who-lost-in … ange-66173

1. Mark Ewbie profile image84
      Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There's only one figure, arguably, of importance.

Hubpages -87%.

Now, it may all get better over the next few days or weeks apparently - or HP will sharpen up its act and get some Google Love again - or something else.

But if you just look at the figures - HP has been hit very hard by these changes.

2. Pente profile image86
    Penteposted 5 years ago

Check your traffic source for google dot com. Mine has dropped by about 71%. Of course, it is way to early to start worrying. Adjustments will be made to the algorithm, HubPages will probably make some useful changes, and my numbers are so low that it could just be mostly coincidence.
    If worse comes to stay, I will just start spending more time on niche websites. I noticed that traffic patterns at one of my hubs would make it perfect for a small 10 page niche website. If nothing else, HubPages would still be perfect for testing the waters when I don't want to build a whole website.
    As for today, I need to spend more time playing video games smile

3. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

A thought about the google algo:

I wonder if part of the change was to take away previously earned SEO brownie points?

If so, the good stuff will earn them back. smile

4. earnestshub profile image86
    earnestshubposted 5 years ago

My figures are only down by a few percent, and earnings are about the same. My best hubs are still going strong and I am confident all will be back to normal here soon.
    An 87% drop just does not ring true to me.

5. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 5 years ago

It rings very true to me, and validates my personal experiences yesterday and today.

1. earnestshub profile image86
      earnestshubposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sorry to hear that Nellie, my experience has been little change. I even kept the PR4 on my profile, and the PR on my hubs has remained the same as well. Maybe I don't have enough hubs yet to feel the full weight of the changes.
      Figures were flat on the weekend, but that seems normal to me at least in Australia.
      I do hope your figures come back quickly, I know you have had the experience of past slaps, so I feel sure you know more about it than I do.
      My figures are pretty much back to normal today already.

6. lrohner profile image83
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

Earnest, have you specifically checked your Google.com traffic? I have some hubs that are doing okay, and others with nothing but traffic from Yahoo, Bing, Google.au, Google.ca, etc.

1. earnestshub profile image86
      earnestshubposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes I have checked Irohner. They were down a bit, but only a bit.

2. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I just checked on my Google Analytics account, to see how much of a drop off Google has on my hubs and the difference is 5%. However, I am seeing traffic from other search sources improved. Almost enough to compensate for the drop off in Google.

So, I guess it effects different people different ways. hmm

7. Lily Rose profile image85
    Lily Roseposted 5 years ago

My traffic is down by about 50%-60% - not happy...