jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Want to start my own website

1. silentsapphire profile image60
    silentsapphireposted 5 years ago

I have always thought that having your own website is the best way to earn money online. Now I am even more convinced after the recent Google belly dance. This is my 2nd account on hubpages and have another well established account with over 300 hubs.

I have never earned much from hubpages but love the site and people here. Things may or may not improve with time but starting my own website is way to go. But there are a few issues:

1) I am pathetic at SEO and keywords, but hope that things will improve as I am learning each day.

2) I am not good at technical aspects so building a website may not be a easy task for me.

3) I am from India so finding a good hosting company and good domain is a bit of concern.

1. qeyler profile image79
      qeylerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Go to Weebly.com.  They have very nice layouts and they are very helpful
      You get two sites...if you want more you can pay for it. 

The two first sites are free...(I read about Weebly right here on Hubpages, so there's an article about it someplace)

You can lump your writing into two separate categories.  I don't know what you write about mostly, say you love history and you love art so you could have a site called history.weebly.com/html  and another art.weebly.com/html (you can pick better names). 

It is for newbies so when it comes to type face and pictures and ads, you link adsense  And you Personally! place the ads.  So you can do two columns have a paragraph and an Ad....

Take at look at this page...it was done by a newbie..

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No, no, don't!

There is always a price to pay for using a free host. If you can't afford hosting, use blogger.com.

Hosting isn't that expensive and it doesn't matter where you are.  I'm in Australia but I have my sites hosted by Hostgator in Texas.   

Wordpress software is just as easy to use as any of the "free website designers" offered by sites like Weebly, and it's fully transferable.  You don't need to know any HTML or CSS to make it work.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

As it happens, my first website was about belly dance!  I had never used Wordpress before.  The hard part was getting the hosting set up.  After that, I had the website up and running within a day.

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

This the first one I came across on Google.
    http://www.thesitewizard.com/gettingsta … site.shtml
    Personally I use for an html editor called HTML-Kit, which since I write all my own code
    I want the simplest one I can find. This has
    multible levels of complication one can use and has a free version. Code is being standardized into CSS and or HTML5. I use CSS. You can learn individual instances of code by Googling for instance CSS+font.
    You can also find ready made templates to copy and past. You can check your code using this address:

3. Bill Manning profile image70
    Bill Manningposted 5 years ago

Use wordpress and you don't have to know anything about html, CSS or any of that other techie stuff. wink