jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

If Amazon are getting #1 ranks.......

1. 0
    ryankettposted 5 years ago

For almost everything, then surely a decent business strategy would be to self-published books with a heavily keyword laden title? And no competitors using those keywords for any other Amazon product?

wink

1. bgamall profile image84
      bgamallposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Smashwords is an interesting concept.

1. 0
        ryankettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have nothing to lose by testing this out with a book that I have already written, albeit I would need to change the title smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
        Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I like the sound of it - but it's epublishing only.  It would make more sense to use POD so you have a print copy you can sell on Amazon, surely?

1. 0

Yep, I was thinking Lulu or Createspace smile Although, you can publish to both hard and digital formats.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago

I just had a look at Smashwords and they're saying they will soon be able to publish on Amazon.  That would make it very attractive - though my book has a lot of photographs, I'm wondering if that would work in an electronic format??

1. 0

Photos can be easier to use in a digital book than a print book smile And of course, you don't have any additional cost for colour wink

3. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 5 years ago

Is your book a political thriller or a tawdry romance?

1. 0

Non-fiction.

I suspect that this strategy wouldn't work for fiction.

And I know that any attempt at fiction would leave me highly embarressed lol

I don't have the imagination, or time, or skill, to write fiction... I'm a very matter of fact sorta guy!

working