jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Cross-posting from my blog is no good?

1. Whole-isticDiva profile image62
    Whole-isticDivaposted 5 years ago

So I was just reading the "please read this before posting" section and there was a thread about someone wanting to post an article they had written for something else. I have a website/blog and I figured I would post my articles on both. The thread I had read said your HubPages score would be lowered for doing that...Perhaps I should take the blog portion out and use the remainder for advertising myself? What about linking my hubpages from my site/blog. Can I do that as well? Or is that "illegal"?

2. To Start Again profile image83
    To Start Againposted 5 years ago

posting the same articles on both sites would get the hub flagged as duplicate content, which, yes, would have an effect on your score. If you want to use the blog to post other material though and link to your hubs or hub account from it,that would be just fine. In fact, it is a great way to send some outside traffic your way. You can also post a link to your blog on your profile here.

Take a look around, there are many hubbers who link to their many different accounts and you can search for hubs about linking if you need some more advice smile

And Welcome to HubPages!! big_smile

Whole-isticDivaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you! Your reply was exactly what I needed to know! smile

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

You've already got this content on two of your "blogs." One is bad. Two is worse. You can link all you want from your blogs to your hubs, but be careful about linking from your hubs to your blogs. You are only allowed two outgoing links from each hub to the same domain, and linking to the same domain(s) from many of your hubs will result in a flag as well.

Whole-isticDivaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've only got the content on one blog (I only have one blog). But like To Start Again said, I rearrange it and link hubpages from my blog so readers can read the article and use my blog as my main website. Thanks!

4. 2uesday profile image88
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

If it is any use to you, you can add a HubPages widget to blogs which can show your latest hubs. The HubPages widget updates when you add new pages here.

To ind out about it and other helpful info at the help button/FAQ top of page and the learning center bottom of page.