jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

New to this whole thing

1. Michaelmas profile image81
    Michaelmasposted 5 years ago

Hey everyone, I just finished a 10 year enlistment with the army and 2 tours of duty. One Iraq and one Afghanistan. I've had an interest in writing for a while now and I'm glad I found this site. I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I look forward to hearing from some of you.

1. Mikeydoes profile image79
      Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your 10 years of service. Really appreciate it.

Welcome to hubpages.

If you have any questions about this place please feel free to contact me.

2. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

Hi Mike, welcome to Hubpages smile

3. KristenGrace profile image60
    KristenGraceposted 5 years ago

Hi Mike.  Welcome to HP, and thank you for all your years of service !

Best of luck here.

4. Alt_Writer21 profile image60
    Alt_Writer21posted 5 years ago

Hey man, thank you for the 10 years of service. I know this doesn't have much to do with HP, but I'm actually strongly considering joining the army/military and putting afghanistan as my number one spot on my wish list. Any advice/information you can give me?

5. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

Mike, thanks for your years of service. I wish my son had followed in your footsteps. smile

Welcome to HubPages, and don't be afraid to post here with any questions you might have.

6. Ipeoney profile image86
    Ipeoneyposted 5 years ago

Hi Michaelmas,
    Welcome to Hubpages! You are lucky to have come to this community. As you came from service, writing would be a good pastime for you. I know how hard it is in the service, so hopefully you will have a good time here writing. It's really great that you can start writing and write your experiences in the service and all.