jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Gettin started

1. Walt Smith profile image61
    Walt Smithposted 5 years ago

This may sound a little foolish, but... How does one go about discerning the content of the hub. I get the advertising angle, sure, but what is the template for the articles that will sell the product, get the click and make this a worthwhile activity. I have read for 3 days and maybe I have a aneurism, but the logic escapes me... PLease, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Walt I'm not understanding what you are asking...can you rephrase?

Walt Smithposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, I am a little frustrated. I guess I 'm not sure what I'm asking. smile Are the hubs to be written from whatever strikes your fancy, or are there topics of interest somewhere to be used as templates. Sounds crazy I know but I suppose I shouldn't have read so much into it. I appreciate the quick response, thanks a million Mr. IzzyM

1. frogdropping profile image85
          frogdroppingposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You have the answer right there. You write what you wish to write about. There are no pre-set templates or topics, and you arrange the capsules ae you see fit. The point being to create an attractive looking article.

2. IzzyM profile image87
          IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Missus if you don't mind smile

Yes as frogdropping says, write about anything you want. It says to write about 350 words but really that is a bit short - 700/1000 words is better normally smile

Try and choose a title that incorporates words people might actually be searching for.

2. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 5 years ago

Hey Walt, welcome to HubPages smile

Maybe I can help if you can be a bit more specific. I'm not sure what you're wanting to write about. I don't mean topics, I mean are you wanting to share info, write a 'how to' (which do quite well), sell products?

Products: these need to showcase the product, a picture, a link to the product and of course review the product overall.

How to: these do better if they're longer and are interspersed with media, such as your own pictures, and/or videos that are related.

Info: maybe you know a lot about child care and child behavior (for e.g.), so you could share what you know about calming an anxious child, separation anxiety in children. Again use pictures to break up the text.

Travel: if you love travelling or know a lot about it, you can pinpoint specific destinations and places. Use the map capsules, pinpoint great restaraunts, things to do the are free or budget friendly.

Hope that helps in some way smile

Walt Smithposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Frogdropping: By the way that is hilarious, anyway I was wondering what to write about I suppose. I can speak to a lot, could always learn more. A couple of places I read, it sounded like there were certain topics to write on. I was not sure if it was a requirement or a suggestion. I think I have the correct formula now. Thanks for the quick response, I owe u 1.

working