advice on an experiment

1. TaxNerd profile image84
    TaxNerdposted 5 years ago

I've been here a week, and have spent a fair amount of time reading people's advice on how to drive traffic to your hubs. Clearly, I picked a bad week to join considering the Google algo shift, and being so new makes it impossible to tell whether my numbers are good or bad (only about 500 hits through 17 hubs) or have any sense for how they might have been better before.

That said, I want to try an experiment, but whether others think it will attract eyeballs. I know the answer to a question. When I put the question into Google, I came up with only one answer from wiki answers (granted, it was repeated four times, but, whatever). I figured, hey, here's my opportunity to get some play if I do a good hub!

Here's the rub, though: the answer involves household names (i.e., celebrities, or sports stars, or politicians) and how they're related to one another and various institutions. It's not gossip, etc., more a trivia question. It's certainly not product-oriented. Do people's names make bad keywords? I.e., the Web is filled with junk about Justin Bieber an Jennifer Aniston (they're NOT the subject of my prospective hub). Would this be a waste of time to write this hub?

I guess nothing ventured, nothing gained. It wouldn't take that much for me to do, so maybe I'll try anyway. Still, thoughts welecomed.

1. ThomasE profile image82
      ThomasEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Try it. What have you to lose? It takes a while to learn what works for you. You never know what will work beforehand and what won't.