jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Anyone write for Suite101?

1. Brie Hoffman profile image81
    Brie Hoffmanposted 5 years ago

What is your experience with it?

1. cgoddard profile image60
      cgoddardposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I started writing for Suite about a year ago. Things were finally picking up in terms of page views and revenue until last week. Page views are down 50%, but income down more like 90%. The editors are great and are actually helpful. Admin is responsive to writers for the most part. It really is a great place to write... other than the income right now. Hoping that will improve.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

If you took the time to type "suite101" into the forum search box, you'd get a wealth of info on that topic.

3. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

I don't, so I have no experience.

However, as Relache said and I did, there are other forum threads already on this topic to find out more. I provided the link below. smile

4. Rising Caren profile image81
    Rising Carenposted 5 years ago

I don't know if they're accepting new writers.

I know I applied twice and neither time did I get some sort of confirmation email to tell me they received my application, nor did I get a rejection email. I used different browsers each time so I'm guessing they either disabled applications or something broke.

But that was like 2 months ago so maybe they fixed it. I really wanted to join. I heard loads of good things about earning potential and them teaching you how to write good content with ideal formatting and good keywords.

5. Peter Owen profile image60
    Peter Owenposted 5 years ago

I am on Suite. Good traffic. Most of their editing is pretty good. Though I am having an argument with one of them who flagged one of my stories for writing it in the first person. Another editor suggested changes that just simply defied the english language. I have since written most of my stuff on Hub.

1. 0
      ryankettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

First person fiction is making a comeback!

6. 0
    ellie.wposted 5 years ago

I recently joined Suite101 about three weeks ago.  I've found them to be a pretty good place to write; before the algorithm change, all of my articles were on the front page of Google within a week of posting.  That said, the community there seems a bit more stuck up than other writing communities.  People in the forums tend to be very opinionated, and as a whole, users have gotten much more flag-happy.  As far as earning potential is concerned, I haven't made enough or posted enough articles to get an accurate picture, but I'd say it's above average compared to other similar sites.  You're not allowed to place your own Adsense or Google Analytics on the articles--the site provides you with information. But overall, it's a good place to write smile