Counter Act Google Farmer Algothrim Change - Activate KeyWord Meta Tag

1. BaliMermaid profile image60
    BaliMermaidposted 5 years ago

Hub Pages does not use the KeyWord Meta Tag on our hubs.
    There are several good reasons not to use the tag so until now I have not seen a reason to comment on this.

But now many hubbers have lost significant traffic for an unknown period of time, due to Google's Farmer modification.

So my suggestion is this.

Since other search engines, admittedly not as powerful as Google, do use and look to the KeyWord Meta tag for there search responses would not it help Hubbers if, at least for the mean time, HubPages reactivate the use of the KeyWord Meta Tag?

1. MyWebs profile image85
      MyWebsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If adding the keyword meta tag did make any difference it would be minimal at best. Many of the search engines that do still use this meta tag don't give it very much weight.

Since 90%+ of my traffic comes from Google and the keyword meta tag would do practically nothing for that other 10% of my traffic I see it as being more trouble than it's worth.

1. BaliMermaid profile image60
        BaliMermaidposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I understand and in the past would agree but 50% of your traffic is now, hopefully temporarily, down up to 87%, that 50% just dropped, theoretically to 7% - is that math correct.

Anyway - I often get comments when running page analyzers that my traffic would increase at least 5 - 10% if I had keyword meta tags.

We already enter tags and hub pages could take the first 5 that we enter and automatically - by software - use those as the keyword meta tag - or give us the option of entering the words or phrases that the keyword meta tag would use. So it would not have to be taking up any of a Hubbers time.

Anyway - just a thought.

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.