jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (16 posts)

technical informations

1. danutzvd profile image60
    danutzvdposted 5 years ago

1. Can I grouping capsules in categoris? For example, in my hub I want one category named "Soups" wich includes capsules "Boston bean soup", "Borscht", "Almond soup" etc. It is possible?

2. Can I insert HTML code in my hub (HTLM code abut Google Adsense, banner exchange etc.). If it is possible, how can I do this?

Thanx for answers.

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

You cannot do either of your choices.

Capsules have a wide variety of uses, how you organize them is up to you, but you cannot group them together. You can add a title to each of them.

Each capsule interlocks with one another when side by side. You could put two text capsules side by side, if necessary, would be the closest you could group capsules together.

So, as an example- you could have just a heading in one capsule and then technically group text capsules side by side to one another.

Text capsule - heading
    Text capsule(soups) - text capsule(something else)
    Text capsule(something else) - text capsule(something else)

As for HTML being put into your hub. No. It is not an option. smile

danutzvdposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Good idea....Thanks a lot!

2. danutzvd profile image60

But, in this case, how can I earn money if I can't use Google Adsene facilities? Thanks!

3. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Not quite true.  There is an HTML tab and I use it frequently to fine tune appearance. 

It only allows specific tags, though, so you cannot do just any old thing you want.

How do you use HTML tab? because I try and I can't

1. Pcunix profile image90
          Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What does "I try and I can't" mean?

Do you see the HTML tab in your text capsule. Click on it.  That's how you use it.

(html button)
          http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4713602_f248.jpg

(in html editor)
          http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4713601_f248.jpg

3. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

danutzvd, I really hope that you are not planning to put all 1001 recipes in one single Hub!  The pictures are nice, and the recipes look delicious. But 1001 recipes in one Hub would absolutely be too unwieldy.

Also, readers sometimes think that the Comment capsule is the last thing on the page (not always, but it often is).  And so they may stop reading at the point where there is a Comment box. There's not much value in having a comment box for every single recipe, when they are all in the same Hub. 

In my opinion, the recipes would be more attractive and readable, if you had a limited number of them in each Hub and only one comment box per Hub.  But that's just my opinion.

I will not put all recipes in one single hub, of course. 1 hub for soups, 1 hub for appetizers, 1 hub for meat, 1 hub for pizza, 1 hub for dessert etc et.

PS. I think your opinion is good. You are on hubpages.com for 1 year....I am here for 2 days. I think you know better. Thanks for advice. Good Luck!

4. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

Just make sure that the instructions for the recipes are in your own words.

You have Google ads on your hubs, did you put your AdSense code in your affiliate settings?

Not yet, I don't know how. I don't know were I can find this information

2. danutzvd profile image60

I have Google ads on my hub, but I don't put them on my hub.

1. IzzyM profile image88
        IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Go into My Account ~> Earnings and add your affiliate ID. Hubpages takes care of the google ads. Your affiliate code will show on your hubs 60% of the time, and HP's code will be there 40% of the time.

I entered in my account, the "earnings" and try to add ID. But the message is:
          "We encountered this error when contacting Google:

The AdSense account for this publisher has been disapproved. We do not allow requests on a disapproved AdSense account."

Why? Do you know?

5. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

Oops just checked.
    All these recipes are stolen content from all over the web sad

Not anymore. It was a only test. I am for 2 days here and I'm trying to learn

working