jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

is there a disconnect on traffic sources info?

1. TaxNerd profile image86
    TaxNerdposted 6 years ago

While my hits are relatively small, I'm curious where they're coming from. The "Traffic Sources" icon on Hub Pages shows about 10 pct from Google but Google Analytic puts the number at around 35 percent... What's the disconnect?

1. WryLilt profile image85
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Remember that:

-It can take a few hours to a few days for traffic sources to update on Hubpages. Analytics is more accurte.

-Analytics is on a standard day (12-12) while Hubpages is on a rolling 24 hour day (24 hours ago, which changes each hour.)

1. TaxNerd profile image86
        TaxNerdposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks. although it seems like several hundred on hubpages aren't accounted for at all, although they're showing up in Analytics.

If you're talking about this page: http://hubpages.com/my/hubs/traffic-sources

Then I've seen that it takes the longest to update - in fact it wouldn't surprise me if it's a week or more out. I find it's only good as a general overview.

The results on each hub itself are more accurate, although they can be up to a day or so out, as well.

1. shogan profile image87
            shoganposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You have no idea how helpful that post was to me, WryLilt.  I'm not one to jump up and post my questions (I like to figure things out myself), but I've been using the HP traffic-sources page regularly and I couldn't make sense of its numbers next to the numbers on Analytics.  The fact that it's possibly up to a week off makes so much sense.

Thanks again!

smile

1. brandonhart100 profile image83
                brandonhart100posted 6 years ago in reply to this

On Analystics aren't they also aggregating traffic from other countries?  Check and make sure you are adding up all of the googles.

1. shogan profile image87
                  shoganposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I have been, Brandon.  I've been adding up everything, and the two sites never match, ever.   (Incidentally, isn't it interesting to get hits from Googles all over the world?)

working