jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Feedback Appreciated from SEO Experts

1. Hindol Adhya profile image60
    Hindol Adhyaposted 5 years ago

I have tried to SEO my article on SEO itself. Please give your valuable feedback.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Free-SEO-Tools- … te-Traffic

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

Wow, you certainly put a lot of work into that hub! Kudos!

There were some factual errors, like saying that search engines return results sorted by PageRank. I don't know any search engine that sorts SERPs according to their PageRank. None.

I think this is one of those hubs that you should go back to every now and then and tweak it as you become more experienced with SEO.

Again, your command of the English language is amazing. There were a few problems, but not many. Some were just the same spelling and punctuation problems that many people make, and there were a few grammar issues, like "...being jack of all traded, master of none" should read "being a jack of all trades and master of none." Also, "an example usage scenario" should read "a typical scenario" or "an example of usage." You also have "Only ideas won't suffice," and I don't know what you meant to say there.

But again, I can tell you're going to become an excellent hubber, and you're off to a really, really good start. Congrats!

Hindol Adhyaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. I am working on my English.

The first one was a typo. I corrected it.

As for the second mistake, can I put it like "An example usage-scenario"? Does the hyphen change anything?

As for the third one, I changed it to - "Only ideas doesn't suffice". Does it look better?

You took the time to point out my errors. I really really appreciate it.

1. lrohner profile image84
        lrohnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I see you've made changes. It reads better now with one exception -- maybe I'm just dense, but I don't even know what you mean or what you're trying to say with "Only idea doesn't suffice." Seriously -- I have no suggestions to fix it because I don't know what you mean.

But nice job overall!

I want it to mean something like 'only ideas are not enough'. Is my English really that bad? sad I checked some dictionaries on the usage of the word 'suffice'. Maybe I should change the line to something simpler. Hard to make up my mind.

3. melbel profile image93
    melbelposted 5 years ago

It's a very interesting hub full of a lot of information. The problem is perhaps the topic. There are so many articles out there that write about SEO. Even I have a hub that talks about SEO tools and I'm not even sure if it ranks for that -- I created it so that I'd have a list to go to in the case that my computer crashes... then I'll know which tools that I had before the crash -- as well as a way to share with other hubbers what tools I use.

Writing about SEO is a tough path because, well SEO related keywords are really high paying... That's great and all but the market is saturated with SEO related articles. This is because of people like you and I who write articles in order to rank and then there are SEO firms whose job it is to rank. So they will want their own articles to rank not only to bring more traffic to their site but to show potential clients that they rank.

If you're looking for a good niche, I would recommend something where you're not competing against SEO experts. I believe SEO book ranks #1 for SEO tools if I'm not mistaken. Right now they are pretty much the SEO authority (besides the Google Gods themselves) so it'll be a rough road in ranking against them for a keyword like that.

I think that is probably one of their most important keywords and I'm betting they are not only targeting that specific keyword, but have a high page rank to back it up.

4. IzzyM profile image84
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

The 'doesn't suffice' or 'not enough' are understandable. It's the bit at the start that doesn't make sense "only ideas". I don't know what you mean either, even second time around.

Changed the line altogether, smile

"Don't get too excited about new ideas, because without traffic they are of no value."

I hope it now makes sense. I did not mean to waste so much of your time. I appreciate all your helps very much.

5. Hindol Adhya profile image60
    Hindol Adhyaposted 5 years ago

Just sort of an update. Found an excellent article on HubPages ad placement. I have now implemented all those tips in my article.

Here is the article -