jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are tags?Are these important for a hub?

1. cagbazee profile image60
    cagbazeeposted 9 years ago

I am confused over the word "Tags",I just keep those ones which are automatically generated.Someone explain how these are important for a given hub or a web page?

2. waynet profile image48
    waynetposted 9 years ago

The tags are your keywords so that your hubs will become searchable in the search engines so people can find them, I'd suggest putting some well thought out keywords in there so that internet searchers will be searching for the information to your hubs.

3. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 9 years ago

Tags are also important because that is what we use to organize content by in HubPages.  For example, you can see all the Hubs tagged with "dog" and then get more specific like "Alpo".

Five to ten good tags that range from broad to very specific will help your Hub show up in the right places and help bring in visitors.  Good question.

4. ramesh profile image61
    rameshposted 9 years ago

tags are so important for any hub.. first of all u should tag ur hub with the popular ones where lots of people land for similar type of hubs,then u can use tags that are searchable phrases in google,yahoo etc.. the more specific ur tags the more search engine traffic u 'll get ; but don't throw ur hub full of tags by overusing them it may reduce ur hubscore as per  the new algorithm...smile