jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Let's Create a New Term

1. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

We all agree that HubPages is technically not a Content Farm.  Or at least it would be a terrible dilution of the meaning of Content Farm to call us that.

We're Unique!  We need a great descriptive label that can tell the world what we are and how we are different from all others.

Add your ideas here; maybe the perfect one will surface.  Here are some to start (clumsy, just something to get the juices flowing):

Peer-to-Peer Writers' Self-Education Site

Online Year-round Chautauqua

Writers' Free University Online

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I liked Mighty Mom's pun on the word "content" in another thread (emphasizing the second syllable instead of the first).  However, my brain is too fried from sorting through spam to come up with something clever.

My only request is that we adopt my HubPages cheer as our official unofficial slogan.

1. Aficionada profile image93
        Aficionadaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I saw that too, after I posted this.  I'm frankly a little bit jealous of that - it's terrific!

I second that for sure!

Online Professional Writers Platform - yes, that's a term I've heard, and it does sound quite polished.  But one of the values I gain here is the community and the way all of us can learn so much from one another - at any time of night or day.

Don't playa hate,

congratulate,

cuz H-P gonna

regulate
        !

and educate!

and communicate!

and Dominate!!!   Woooo-hoooooo!

1. Cagsil profile image60
          Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol lol

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Online Professional Writers Platform.

It's a platform that can be freely used by amateurs, intermediate and professional writers, either for just writing or earning. wink

working