jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Another means of Hubpages diversification.....

1. 0
    ryankettposted 5 years ago

I can't see why Hubpages can't have an ebooks.hubpages.com section, alongside their video.hubpages.com section. For distribution across various channels of course.

I was recently perusing one of those "how much have you earnt" sections on the Kindle Direct forum and was astounded to see some people get lucky and make $2-$3k a month with just one book. Of course, most were stating their earnings as $200-$300 a month, but that is still substantial.

They also report Xmas increases too, despite Kindle books not really being something which you can buy as a gift. The talent is already there, a learning centre for styling and formatting, ability to set your price and see what your profit is, etc.

A growing market, high profit margins, the infrastructure already in place (other than a submission and conversion tool). And most importantly, the writing talent already here on the site.

To me, that would seem an easier direction than video?

What do you think?

1. Mikeydoes profile image80
      Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

With this platform I am excited to see what else is in the works!

I am extremely excited about that video(hubvids) wink thing, although the ebooks would not mean much to me(at least at this moment). It really would be huge for authors here, and would be a great way to make more money.

2. 0

With a heavy discount when bought with hubbers with a hubberscore of 75 or over of course wink

1. sid_candid profile image60
      sid_candidposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Great Idea Ryan. I am impressed that you are one of my favorite hubbers and we see why. Innovation is your second name.

3. Pandoras Box profile image84
    Pandoras Boxposted 5 years ago

I agree. Me -probably not so much right now, but I can see a huge boon for others, and not just the fiction and poetry writers here.
    We have many experts on many things, instructional and informational. I think many could really benefit from such a feature.

4. Mikeydoes profile image80
    Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago

It would really intrigue me to say the least to have an option to write a book, or long story.

I am sure there are many ways you could approach it.

5. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 5 years ago

I think it's a great idea, Ryan!

6. Vala Faye profile image59
    Vala Fayeposted 5 years ago

I would definitely see value in this!

7. 0

Well, there is at least a small demand there then lol

It would probably also help to attract some awesome new hubbers with plenty of writing experience.

In order to effectively make Smashwords redundant all they would need to do is establish a relationship with Kindle, alongside the other normal outlets, as this is where Smashwords continue to fail.