jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

3 quick questions

1. Ritsos profile image67
    Ritsosposted 5 years ago

1) Is it a good idea to have a web site of my own with the same articles as I've posted on Hubpages with my adsense code ?

2) There's a lot of talk about google drops but has it affected Bing which must be on the rise

3) I'm new and have had around 35 impressions a day .. today is only 5 .. can't be the google thing .. any idea ?

1. noyon_ku profile image61
      noyon_kuposted 5 years ago in reply to this

1. It is better to avoid this.
      2. probably google will bw rise all time
      3. It may be decrease your ad value.

2. lrohner profile image84
      lrohnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Duplicate content is a controversial subject at best. HP allows it, but would prefer unique content. It's always in your best interest to use unique content.

The recent change in Google algorithm had nothing to do with Bing. Unless...Bing copies Google. Who knows. They'll be debating that issue for a long time.

When new hubbers come on board and when new hubs are posted, they generally get an initial spurt of other hubbers reading the hub. They eventually move on and you're left to fend for yourself with the search engines. It sounds like that's what's happened to you. Just be patient, sit back and wait for Google to find you.

2. Ritsos profile image67
    Ritsosposted 5 years ago

Thanks ... Interestingly Hubpages have pulled my 'duplicated' one ... It probably is as it's a short story I wrote and probably stuck online somewhere but I've no idea where .. would be nice if HB would indicate where so it could be cancelled there if it was our right to do so .. but I'll delete this one anyway to avoid upsetting hp

re hits .. yep .. I wondered that so thanks for confirming :-)

1. TerryGl profile image61
      TerryGlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No need for Hubpages to do this. To check duplicate content run the title or a paragraph through Google search and you will soon see the duplicate site.

Otherwise you can do your own search of the entire written piece using articlechecker.com

3. That's the way profile image79
    That's the wayposted 5 years ago

Hi, I am new here too. If got it right, there are 2 main strategies to get traffic. 1st one is to let visitors find you, and 2nd is you to find visitors. So, you may consider other ways to get traffic except organic searches from Google. Welcome and I wish you to become famous millionaire with HP smile

4. DaNoblest profile image61
    DaNoblestposted 5 years ago

I am relatively new here myself. What I have noticed with traffic here and on my other sites is you will have spikes and troughs. Some days may be slower than others. It usually picks up then drops again and follows this pattern. As long as the average seems to be increasing you are doing well.

I know how slowly increases in stats can seem if you watch them. Do not let yourself become discouraged though. Patience and perseverance are the name of the game.

Here are stats from one of my sites so you can see what I mean by spikes and troughs as well as the average increasing over time. This is a 2 year period.