HubPages Ad Program

Jump to Last Post 51-100 of 203 discussions (552 posts)
  1. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 13 years ago

This sounds exciting. Can't wait for June.

By the way, I have a Paypal account *hint, hint* big_smile

2. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hubpages ROCKS!

No more to say! smile big_smile

3. Georgie98 profile image59
    Georgie98posted 13 years ago

I get easily confused, so can you just confirm for me if I already have to be signed up with google adsense prior to this. I thought about it but changed my mind, but if you are paying money into my paypal account then I'll just join with you. If I can do that!

1. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why would you not want to earn from your hubs through adsense? yikes

As far as what I read in the OP, it will work for you, even if you're not signed up for adsense.

However, I would like to point out that you are giving 100% of the profits(adsense ads) on your hubs to Hubpages, when you could be earning from 60% of the impressions.

Just a thought, but you're welcome to do as you please, I just wanted to point it out. wink

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
        mistyhorizon2003posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Cags, I must have read things differently to you then, because I have so far got the impression (from various threads), that you do have to be signed up to the Adsense program in order to be eligible for the hubpage Ads Program. Help!!

Edit...

Quote from Help Section

"Why do I need to have an active Google AdSense account running in order to use the HP Ads Program?

# The various earnings program on HubPages are all meant to work in a complementary manner. The HubPages Ad Program for your impressions on your Hubs will run only in conjunction with an existing AdSense account."

http://hubpages.com/help/hubpages_ad_program_details

Thank you Misty. I guess I didn't see that in the OP of this thread. wink

No worries, I didn't notice it there either, I saw it elsewhere, (not sure where) first. smile

2. Georgie98 profile image59
        Georgie98posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Because AdSense make you give them your home address to send cheques to.
        If it was paypal I would have done it.

Oh okay. hmm Just thought I would ask. hmm

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88

Hi Georgie,

Couldn't you have the payments credited direct to your bank account rather than by cheque? I know they will probably still require your address for this, but you won't need to have envelopes coming through the post to you. Of course you may have personal reasons for not wanting to use your address at all I guess, but you can change your settings in Adsense to send the payments to someone else if this is a problem, just get them to reimburse you and pay the taxes due on your behalf via conventional channels.

1. Andrew0208 profile image56
            Andrew0208posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think payment via PayPal is quite ideal for this program considering many logistics that may be associated with cheque payment. Your Paypal email address is a lot easier, safer and faster means to receiving any payments of such on the Internet.

Many affiliate networks/programs tend to be adding PayPal to their existing mode of payment. I hope on the possibilities of getting the chance on this Beta. smile So excited about the innovations here.

I was actually referring to Adsense, not the new Hubpages Ads program when I responded to Georgie. Apparently this was why she never signed up for Adsense, but would be happy to use the new Hubpage Ads system.

Great!

2. Georgie98 profile image59
            Georgie98posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Misty,
            I'm not overly bothered by it to be honest. If my writing was really great and I was exceptionally popular for my work, then I may have thought twice. But although I get great comments and/or feedback it's not enough to put them on AdSense. But thanks for offering the alternative. smile

3. Sue Adams profile image95
          Sue Adamsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My AdSense cheques arrive in a post box so my home address stays confidential.

4. Christian H. profile image59
    Christian H.posted 13 years ago

This looks great.  Do we have any word on how people are getting selected for the invites?

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

None that I am aware of!  I suppose we'll know who's not in it tomorrow!  smile

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88

No word yet that I am aware of, but guessing it may be judged on Author Score/duration of time registered on Hubpages/or even average hub score. Any of these would appear to make sense and seem to be fair methods of prioritising.

Edit

I guess overall viewings across all of their hubs per week would be relevant too, as the higher the number of viewings, the more income potential for both Hubpages and the chosen Hubber.

3. Danette Watt profile image82
      Danette Wattposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A previous posting in this thread said it will be all random - not based on how prolific a writer you are

5. calicoaster profile image78
    calicoasterposted 13 years ago

Thats a great news and sounds quite promising!! smile smile

6. Mike's Corner profile image71
    Mike's Cornerposted 13 years ago

I have been here 7 weeks and was enjoying watching my page views steadily increase at a faster and faster rate . . . until a week ago when they fell off a cliff due to the Google changes. This program puts a little bit of the wind back in my sails.

1. Danette Watt profile image82
      Danette Wattposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If it isn't too lengthy and complicated to explain, what exactly did Google do or change? I've seen a couple references here about that but must have missed something in the news.

7. tlpoague profile image81
    tlpoagueposted 13 years ago

Awesome! I'm game!

8. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

I've been accused of being random before!  smile

9. hinazille profile image83
    hinazilleposted 13 years ago

thats great news!

When can we expect an invite if we are in the first 500 invitees?

10. BlissfulWriter profile image71
    BlissfulWriterposted 13 years ago

I've already got my Paypal account ready and eager to opt in and try this new revenue option.   I'm keeping my finger's crossed to be in the first wave.  The sooner I get to turn this on, the better.

11. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 13 years ago

Fifty per cent is certainly impressive. If that translates site wide, Hubpages will certainly regain some its pre-slap allure. We all need some good news right now.

12. WannaB Writer profile image87
    WannaB Writerposted 13 years ago

I really appreciate having another way to earn. I probably won't make the first wave, but i'm looking forward to being on board in June.

13. Christine P Ann profile image59
    Christine P Annposted 13 years ago

Fantastic and so exciting. Just another reason to be on hubpages.

14. C.V.Rajan profile image60
    C.V.Rajanposted 13 years ago

I always felt that the over-dependence on Google ads should be curtailed. I think HP has taken the first step to tackle Google bull by the horns. It sounds to be a good move. We should always have options when the monster tries to suffocate us.

15. liswilliams profile image41
    liswilliamsposted 13 years ago

As always, thumbs up to you, HP staff. I like the Random approach, was wondering about that.

16. Laura Philips profile image57
    Laura Philipsposted 13 years ago

This sounds like a great new direction for hubpages to take and it will likely encourage more members to write more hubs, with less reliance on the adsense program and hopefully a more sustainable and reliable income from hubpages, it offers another way for members to diversify their income stream.
    Looking forward to participating!

17. ahmed.b profile image67
    ahmed.bposted 13 years ago

Well! thank you Hubpages and congrats hubbers. I think Hubpages is so far the best example of win-win business case, I have seen.
    I sounds really great to have its own revenue program

18. naumaan profile image58
    naumaanposted 13 years ago

Its really a great idea and initiative compare to other like websites. Good going smile

19. Trsmd profile image59
    Trsmdposted 13 years ago

When I will get the invitation for Hubpaged ad programme?

20. Rosefall profile image80
    Rosefallposted 13 years ago

What time will the new Hubpages Ad Program be available today? It'll just be under my "Affiliate Settings" on Hubpages, right?

21. shai77 profile image80
    shai77posted 13 years ago

I wonder How they decide on Hubpages who will be invited first?
    It is quite interesting.Anyway it sounds very interesting!
    Can't wait :-)

22. andromida profile image55
    andromidaposted 13 years ago

Great news.I will be looking forward for the invitation smile

23. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

The invitations are going out to the active hubbers, but the majority of active hubbers that I know are hanging fire on publishing new work until the google algo settles down, so I guess we miss out.

1. livewithrichard profile image73
      livewithrichardposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That makes no sense to wait it out.  Keep being productive and publish away. Most of us seasoned hubbers know what quality hubs are and there is nothing more we can do so I would suggest to everyone to keep working and let your new material get indexed and find its own way into the serps.

1. IzzyM profile image88
        IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I keep trying to, Richard, but my heart isn't in it. This is so disheartening to see all that hard work just swiped away by Google overnight.
        I'm trying to talk myself into starting publishing again - got loads of new hubs started...

Me too, Izzy!  I have several articles ready to publish and I suppose it won't hurt to go ahead and publish them here.  I haven't published anything since the change so I don't know how quickly Google is indexing new content now nor where it starts out in the search listings.

1. IzzyM profile image88

How's this for depressing?
            I have published 39 hubs in the past month and NOT ONE is getting any google.com traffic.

1. Jane@CM profile image61
              Jane@CMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Even my best hubs are not seeing traffic, but I'm waiting it out and I am not going to let it discourage me.  When I started here it wasn't to make money, I just wanted to write - I think now is a good time to just write and not do it for the income.  I know a lot of people rely on the income, I'm looking at it as an opportunity to get back to my poetry and such.

It will be get better!

2. Shil1978 profile image86
              Shil1978posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Izzy, could it be because these are new hubs? My page views are down in general, but it certainly hasn't plummeted. These are for my older, best-performing hubs. Have you noticed the same problem with your best hubs? It must be depressing for sure, though, to write that much and not have any traffic  - would agree with Jane about waiting it out - there is no other option, really!!

1. IzzyM profile image88

Usually my new hubs would be picking up a few google hits daily - maybe not a lot, but a few, by now. My best hub has dropped to #2 in google so is still getting hits though not as many, a couple have actually moved up the SERPS, but most have dropped position.
                This is as depressing as it gets sad

1. profile image0
                  ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

IzzyM, do you have any Easter hubs wink

Always a demand for chocolate bunnys smile

2. Shil1978 profile image86
                  Shil1978posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've seen about a 15% drop in traffic from before the Google changes. Incidentally, I was registering some of my highest traffic ever in the days before the change happened, so this has set me back by some months. It is depressing for sure, but I think the HubPages team would take the necessary steps to get back in the good books of Google. This forum post at the Google Webmaster blog gives me hope,

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/W … &hl=en

Google is asking for feedback from site owners to know if "high-quality" sites have been affected by the changes. Am sure HP staff can take the necessary action to rid the site of low-quality content and then approach Google with the countless good hubs we have here. Perhaps, things might change for the better then!!

We have some wonderful staff here and they'd get things back on track soon. The new Ad Program might help some I reckon! Hang in there!!

1. IzzyM profile image88

Yes we do have some wonderful staff, and you are right - things will get better smile

Sorry for hi-jacking this thread a bit - didn't mean to.

Look forward to using the new ad program smile

2. profile image0

I'm sure that 434 hubs in 16 months is enough to put you in the top 500 Izzy, and if it isn't I'm sure it will put you in the next 500 smile

1. IzzyM profile image88

I'm not bothered Ryan. My traffic is tanking again - now back to what it was last week when the algo effect came in, so a new advertising module isn't going to help right now sad

1. profile image0

Mine is down a bit too, it may just be one of those Thursdays, even before the Algo change my traffic could go either way... sometimes another day of the weekend and at other times the best day of the week.

One of my new hubs is taking a lot of traffic from Bing, not too much from Google, but the most I have ever seen from Bing to a single hubpage.

1. TahoeDoc profile image79
                TahoeDocposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maybe we should all be promoting Bing or other search engines? - write some hubs and post them to Facebook or whatever. LOL (or not)

I haven't been here very long, nor do I have a ton of hubs, but was thrilled to see my 'good' hubs climbing in the rankings and getting more page views with good keywords.

I had the same concern, if traffic doesn't find the hubs, it doesn't matter what kind or how many ads you have on your page, right?

I'm really sad for those of you who have tons of well-written, well-researched hubs (even if they are product hubs) and have put so much work in to be penalized because the site was penalized (unfairly, I think).
                I hope you are the people who get into the new program first and find a return of your traffic soon! Good luck and ((hugs))

2. Jason Menayan profile image60
            Jason Menayanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The 500 selected aren't the top 500 in terms of traffic, but a random selection among active Hubbers on the site.

24. Danette Watt profile image82
    Danette Wattposted 13 years ago

My interest is definitely piqued by this new revenue generating idea from Hub Pages and thanks to the team for all their work on our behalf.

25. Create Magic profile image60
    Create Magicposted 13 years ago

This is fantastic.  I am grateful for the constant innovations you make to HubPages.  Well done!

26. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 13 years ago

Good news to everyone and waiting for the invite.

Anyone got the invite so far?

1. Jason Menayan profile image60

They haven't gone out yet.

A bit later today. smile

1. frogdropping profile image78
        frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You've got hubbers squirming. You do know that, don't you?! smile

27. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 13 years ago

I'd love to be a part of the new ad wave however, during my first month as a hubber Adsense revoked, closed, canceled or whatever it is they do, my account for some reason I've yet to have identified.  I've asked for my account to be reviewed, renewed and for the last 6 months for their specific reason for closing it.  No answer other than my request is declined.  There were no random clicks or disqualifying material or anything to substantiate their action.  I like to think I've been a decent hubber and active in this community for almost a year and a half and I've enjoyed every minute of it.  Basically, my association with Adsense has sucked big time.

Thanks for the invite anyway.

28. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 13 years ago

Approximately how much one can expect earn for every 1000 impressions?

1. profile image0

Anything between $1 - $12

1. canadawest99 profile image61
        canadawest99posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is this a pay per view or impression type set up, or pay per click just like adsense?

I hope reasonable backlinking is going to be allowed.

1. profile image0

I can see no reason why backlinking should not be permitted on a reasonable scale as per usual.

And to be honest, I don't know whether it is PPC or PPV, but I suspect the former as PPV programs don't tend to pay as well as PPC smile

Thought that you were quitting wink

1. canadawest99 profile image61
            canadawest99posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hanging in to see what the hubpages team comes up with.   I am somewhat amazed at their pro activeness. 

No other site I write for did anything but tell me to just keep writing.

1. profile image0

Actually this was already in the works before the algo change, the TOS were updated before the bump, and they have been testing it with 9 hubbers since the start of January.

So not really proactive, just slightly lucky wink

1. bgamall profile image68
                bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good intuition. smile

29. elayne001 profile image79
    elayne001posted 13 years ago

I am stoked - can hardly wait for the invitation. HP rocks! Extra money is always a great thing, especially nowadays.

30. yenajeon profile image70
    yenajeonposted 13 years ago

Hate to be a downer about this but.. the new ads are HUGE. And super bright. I guess that's the point though right...? I just don't want it to look too spammy..
    ht    tp://hubpages.com/hub/Morbid-Seattle-Tour

1. frogdropping profile image78
      frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They work though. I actually like an ad that looks like some effort's gone into the design, as opposed to the ad blocks that we're used to seeing.

You don't think lots of blue text links looks a bit spammy?

1. yenajeon profile image70
        yenajeonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not at all, I think blending ads are a good thing. I am excited to participate, don't get me wrong, but as a reader, I have a feeling the site will look a bit spammy.

2. Simone Smith profile image87
      Simone Smithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They're actually the same ads that you'll see 40% of the time on your Hubs anyway.  The format difference between just AdSense and the HubPages Ad Program is shown below:

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4715569_f248.jpg

1. yenajeon profile image70
        yenajeonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I guess the Kroger banner just looked huge to me at first sight. But I retract my statements! I'm sure it'll be better for clicks overall! smile

2. K9keystrokes profile image84
        K9keystrokesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is beautiful Simone. Thank you for showing us the actual layout difference between the two. Not very spammy at all. This was a concern for me as well. Thanks for keeping us up to date. Big pat on the back to the team over all!

1. Simone Smith profile image87

Making sure that Hubs look great is definitely important to us, and we're actively discussing things we can do to make them even better.  As it stands, though, we've made sure to make Hubs not look spammy big_smile

1. K9keystrokes profile image84
            K9keystrokesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good stuff! wink

2. Edweirdo profile image86
            Edweirdoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Simone,

I think you forgot to include "not" somewhere in that sentence wink

LOL yeah XD

31. AMSpace profile image59
    AMSpaceposted 13 years ago

Ooh, looking forward to giving it a try!

32. torkinhedd profile image61
    torkinheddposted 13 years ago

Sounds like a great opportunity and a very nice addition for hubbers. Love to be involved.

33. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

I hope I get an invite, I'm definitely interested and I have a PayPal account already.

34. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

Question about Earning Reports and Stats

Will statistics be "real time"

If Not, do reports run by calender date or the 24 hour rolling stats you have currently in place for hubviews?

1. darkside profile image63
      darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

From what I've seen it is not updated in real time. But only once per day. Though the amount can be 'updated' twice. The second time it is verified.

Depending on when I've checked the most recent amount could have an asterisk beside it, which means "* unaudited earnings, value may change" but by the next update with the next day added, it will have been verified.

As you've got an invite, you're able to see for yourself- just click on the help bubble under HubPages Ad Program under Earnings in your account.  There's a full explanation there smile

1. sunforged profile image70
        sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hmm - it answers my question exactly - sure you didnt stick that in after I asked smile

Ive never clicked a "help" bubble before, I never knew they changed on page basis, just assumed they brought me to the help page.

Oh yah! Those help bubbles are kind of awesome.  And the question mark bubbles we've recently added to capsules in the HubTool? Even. Better.

35. Aya Katz profile image84
    Aya Katzposted 13 years ago

I don't have a paypal account and am trying to sign up for one now in order to participate in the ad program. Do I need a Premium Account, for people who buy and sell online, or is the personal kind, for people who merely shop good enough?

1. amy jane profile image70
      amy janeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A personal account is all you need to participate (worked for me anyway).

1. Aya Katz profile image84
        Aya Katzposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Any Jane. Worked for me, too!

The personal one is fine big_smile

Thanks, Simone!

3. darkside profile image63
      darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not an official reply, but I'm on the new program and I have a personal paypal account.

Thanks, Darkside. I went for a personal account. It was easier than I thought!

36. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

Whooop Whooop I'm in!

A great birthday present for me (my birthday is in 2 hours and 13 minutes UK time).

1. waynet profile image70
      waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yay well done! and so am I!!!

2. Aya Katz profile image84

Happy birthday, Ryan!

1. profile image0

Why thank you, I look forward to drinking myself silly tomorrow smile

(See you all on saturday)

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
          rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Enjoy your birthday Ryan!!

2. waynet profile image70
          waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You share the same birthday as my son....it's his birthday tomorrow and he has £100 to play with and more than likely buy some Wii games to which he'll find to hard to complete and I'll hear him stamping his feet upstairs!

1. profile image0

Yep, us Pisces are famously petulant smile

Can everybody stop having bleedin kids on my birthday though? My wifes birthday is the same day, as is my best mates, I have a 33% birthday... it got hijacked.

By the way, I am older than one by 2 hours and by the other by a year, they hijacked MY birthday.

3. Midnight Oil profile image83
      Midnight Oilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Happy Birthday to us all - because it's my birthday a 30 minutes time too (UK time)... The 4th March seems a very popular Birthday !!

But it's only me in my family/friends who have the 4th as the birthday, so I am having a 100% Birthday..... wink

Didn't get a Hub Pages invite for my birthday though sad

Happy Birthday to you and Ryan, MO!  smile

4. emievil profile image67
      emievilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Happy birthday Ryan!

And thanks to the HP team smile. I'm printing the forms right now. Uhm question. Can't we just scan it and email it to you?

37. TahoeDoc profile image79
    TahoeDocposted 13 years ago

Congrats and good luck to all those in the first "wave".

Perhaps, let the rest of us know how it goes after a while?

38. Mekenzie profile image77
    Mekenzieposted 13 years ago

Gotta Love Our Hubpages Staff .. Always coming up with exciting new opportunities while looking out for us Hubbers.  :0)

39. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 13 years ago

This is awesome!  I'm looking forward to June, if not earlier.

40. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 13 years ago

Hi, Just wanted to say thanks Hubpages! I got mine today. The point I would like to add is, just for info, if you haven't got a Paypal account set up yet, do it now as it will be easier than waiting to start. It is easy to do and you will be able to sign into this new account quicker, okay?

41. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

In my earnings section it says I'm currently not eligible to enrol in the Hubpages revenue sharing program. I couldn't see an invite when I checked my mail, bit bummed if I have to wait 3 months sad

42. careergirl profile image60
    careergirlposted 13 years ago

It's always good to have different income stream options on sites like this.

However, I find the HubPages layout messy. There is a lot there that isn't necessary, even if I make my options minimal. This deters me as a HubPages creator and reader.

For instance, there already is the option to contact the Hub creator, so the Ask a Question box is unnecessary and makes things cluttered. The reader can simply ask a question in the Comments section, and again there is already a link to contact the creator.

The Forum section also takes up a lot of room, and this needs to be minimized or placed elsewhere. This also keeps readers from sticking to our own Hubs, by encouraging them to go elsewhere.

The Tags are important, but need to be minimized with the drop-down feature.

The Recommendations section should be on related Hubs with the option to put a couple of our own in there.

I find with layout improvements, I would be more inclined to create more Hubs and read others' Hubs more.

Thanks!

1. Just Ask Susan profile image88
      Just Ask Susanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The question box is there so that you can ask a question of the hub creator to have it posted in the forums rather than having it in the comments section allowing the comments section to look less cluttered should several questions and responses be needed.

43. Rik Ravado profile image85
    Rik Ravadoposted 13 years ago

I got my invite.  Sign up is very easy if you already have PayPal and Adsense.  The Hubpages team have made the sign up process very user friendly.  I'm now waiting with baited breath for the extra $$s to start rolling in!

cool

44. Green Lotus profile image61
    Green Lotusposted 13 years ago

Thanks you guys! It all sounds wonderful and I need all the help I can get smile Can't wait.

45. profile image53
    DianaETXposted 13 years ago

Looking forward to more information about the program, it sounds great.

46. Midnight Oil profile image83
    Midnight Oilposted 13 years ago

Sounds really interesting, and can't wait to have a go, but as I have only been here a couple of months on Hub Pages, I will have to wait for a long time as newbies are always at the bottom of the list...

47. MPG Narratives profile image59
    MPG Narrativesposted 13 years ago

Thanks for this hubpages team, anything that helps us make a little extra cash is much appreciated. smile

48. Rosefall profile image80
    Rosefallposted 13 years ago

Aw, I want to sign up. Are the "waves" for this just once a month?

49. glassvisage profile image84
    glassvisageposted 13 years ago

I was in the "first wave" of people in this program, and what I noticed about my earnings was interesting:

I got my payout from the HubPages Ad Program, and it was a pretty good amount (we'll say $X. I got paid soon after by HubPages for the month and saw that I had made $X less in my Adsense payout.

So really I haven't made any extra money. We'll see how the next month goes...

1. bgamall profile image68
      bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

But one thing to consider is that now, your adsense would be less since US traffic is down, but you are certain of payout for the Hubpage Ad Program. That is appealing. Certainty on the net is appealing. smile

1. glassvisage profile image84
        glassvisageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good point!

2. stephhicks68 profile image87
      stephhicks68posted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's interesting.  I guess the bottom line is that the quality of traffic won't necessarily change unless you revise or update the hub.  Thus, if your hub already draws people that will click on ads, they'll still be clicking under the new program, but not necessarily clicking more.  The only difference is the question of which ads will get the clicks, Google's or HubPages's?

Well, there are more ad units now when you combine AdSense and the HubPages Ad Program.

http://blog.hubpages.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/HubPages-Ad-Program-With-Without-265x300.png

That said, according to our figures, we saw a significant increase in daily revenues for all of our beta users, but I've contacted glassvisage offline to compare figures.

1. stephhicks68 profile image87
          stephhicks68posted 13 years agoin reply to this

OK - I love the graphic layout, Jason.  I can see now (I'm a very "visual" person) how quality traffic might convert into more clicks and $$.

Looking forward to seeing it in practice (and thank you for that opportunity!)

- Steph

50. TamCor profile image81
    TamCorposted 13 years ago

I have a question about PayPal...

Can two people share the same PayPal address on this new program?  My husband and I are both hubbers and share an Adsense account, so I was wondering if we could do the same with PayPal?

I have one set up in my name, from my Ebay selling days.  Will my husband have to get one, too?

I guess we both missed this wave, but hopefully will get invited soon--we've never done well on Adsense--only one payout so far in two years, so we're excited to see how this works out for us.  smile

Thanks!

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

When you sign up, you're asked to enter a Paypal account - so you can enter any account you like and there's nothing to say it can't be shared, same as Adsense.

Yes, that's correct.

1. Hmrjmr1 profile image67
          Hmrjmr1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

OK I'll be the thick one here is that correct it must be pay pal or correct it can be any account?

It must be PayPal.

2. TamCor profile image81
        TamCorposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Marisa...that would simplify things, having a shared PayPal account on here!  smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)